Stressed out Badger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stressed out Badger

One of the hazards of haying in Saskatchewan.

By the way, it is not DEAD!

I would really hate to try to rescue him. I think this would
    qualify as one of those things that really ticks a badger off.
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

I think a person would want to snip the"binder twine" on the opposite side of that bale!
    Ken Talbot

Comment

them badgers are mean little things. i had my golf ball land at the mouth of a fresh badger hole last night. i'm glad he wasn't home at the moment. that would have made my bad golf game even worse.
      K. Johnson
      -1978 XS750SF - brought back from the dead with carb
      triple clean and boots
      -1982 XJ1100J - brought back from the dead by
      replacing motor after throwing #4 rod
      -1985 XJ750XN - shim job, oil change, ride. not bad for
      $500 including new rear tire.

Comment

I'd think if that badger were alive it would have chewed through that bail long before some one got a chance to take the pic. If not, that would make a prime opportunity to shoot it (not with a camera...)

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

He/she may not be dead, but I'd be willing to bet (by its quite flattened shape) that it is not long for this world. Personally, I really like all of natures inherently pissed off creatures (badgers, wolverines, Tasmanian devils, etc.).

My favorite nature footage is from the show on Wolverines where the little booger takes on a mountain lion in one seen (whoops its A) and two wolves in another (whoops both there A's).
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Many years ago I went hiking with my wife and then 2-year-old son in Grand Teton National Park. We were only about a quarter-mile outside the campground and my son ran up ahead. He got about 20 feet out and then crouched and started poking at something alongside the trail with the little branch he was carrying as a hiking stick. I walked up behind him and saw over his shoulder that he was poking at a badger lying in a hole alongside the trail. I grabbed him and backed up, thankful that the badger was already dead and didn't rush its tormenter. I backed off about 20 feet, and waited as my wife caught up.

"Hey babe," I said, "you ever see a real badger (we're from Wisconsin, but you don't run into a whole of wild game in Milwaukee) there's a dead one right over there in a hole."

She walked over to the hole and said, "What are you talking about? there's nothing in this hole."

I walked over. She was right.

I still sometimes wonder why that badger let my son get away with poking him. Still get a shiver about it.

Patrick
            The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
            1969 Yamaha DT1B
            Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Working...
            X