Question for our Australian memebers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for our Australian memebers

Awhile back someone from Australia posted a warning about a guy that would buy parts online then claim he didn't get them... Anybody remember this or know his name?

I shipped a $120 USD worth of parts to a guy now he's claiming he didn't get them. In 7 years of shipping overseas this hasn't happened to me before and I'm thinking the guy is trying to pull a fast one.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
    Awhile back someone from Australia posted a warning about a guy that would buy parts online then claim he didn't get them... Anybody remember this or know his name?

I shipped a $120 USD worth of parts to a guy now he's claiming he didn't get them. In 7 years of shipping overseas this hasn't happened to me before and I'm thinking the guy is trying to pull a fast one.

Geezer
    Hi Tony,
    do you have a tracking number and how long ago did you ship? My experience sending stuff surface to Australia is that it takes so long you'd think the place was on the other side of the world.
    That is, Canada Post sez 8 weeks but actuality sez 3 months.
    If your customer has waited longer than that, either someone mis-read the address and the package is mouldering in a warehouse someplace, or yes, someone is trying to scam you.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I sent it by priority mail about 2 months ago. The USPS isn't helping me at all and I send the customs form number to the Australian Customs Service and I'm hoping they can help me...

Geezer

Comment

Hi Tony,
        Not sure of the member your talking about,
        but ive bought stuff for the bike from
        the states and havent had any problems
        receiving them, at most its been about 3 weeks.
        not sure if i can do anything for you,
        but send me a pm if i can help u out any.
        pete

new owner of
        08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
        1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
        zrx carbs
        18mm float height
        145 main jets
        38 pilots
        slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
        fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

I dont remember the post but I've had both incredibly fast and diabolically slow delivery across the Pacific. I had some items just recently that took only a few days, but a while back some items from Andreas took almost 3 months (not Andreas's fault), and then when they finally got here they were held up by Customs for an extra couple of weeks. I hear you with the lack of support with USPS. I've used tracking numbers from them in the past but all they told me was when the item left the States, and that it would be assigned a different tracking number when it reaches the destination country.

You should get good support from Australian Customs, I've dealt with them before and found them very good.
          1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
          2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Thanx guys. I may be overreacting about this and it could just be late getting there or really lost.

USPS won't even tell me if it's out of the country. All tracking number tells me is that I printed the label. I know for certain that we dropped it off at the post office and then it was out of my hands.

I'm really hopping that Australian Customs can tell me something.

Tony

Comment

You probably dont want to hear this, but the parts may not have even left the States. My experience with USPS International tracking numbers is that they usually, at least, tell you when the item's left the country, and when it arrives at it's international destination. If Australian customs have received it they should have scanned it in, which should show up in the track log.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

It won't be good news if it were lost in the US but at least the guy isn't trying to pull one over on me... On the other hand I don't always get any info on the USPS tacking even after the item was delivered.

This is my first lost shipment, perhaps I'm being too picky. If it were a cheap part, I just shut up and send him another one...

Geezer

Comment

JAT, but try entering your tracking number here. http://auspost.com.au/track/ If it's reached Oz then it should be handled internally by Australia Post, and they should use the same number, although you may have to change the country code from US to AU. (usually the first two letters of the tracking number). One things for sure, if Aussie Customs know anything at all about it, they'll certainly help you out. Good Luck and I hope it all works out okay for you.

I'm sure you already have it but the number for calls outside Oz to customs is +61 2 6275 6666, and Aus Post is +61 3 8847 9045.

Comment

Originally posted by b.walker5 View Post
                    JAT, but try entering your tracking number here. http://auspost.com.au/track/ If it's reached Oz then it should be handled internally by Australia Post, and they should use the same number, although you may have to change the country code from US to AU. (usually the first two letters of the tracking number). One things for sure, if Aussie Customs know anything at all about it, they'll certainly help you out. Good Luck and I hope it all works out okay for you.

I'm sure you already have it but the number for calls outside Oz to customs is +61 2 6275 6666, and Aus Post is +61 3 8847 9045.
                    I entered the tracking number and Aus Post couldn't find it. It's possible that the tracking numbers aren't compatible. BTW, the tacking number begins with LJ and ends in US. I left the LJ alone and tried it with both US and AU on the end...

Geezer

Comment

Ok, I knew it was one end or the other... If it's in Oz I'd expect the number to yield results, so either it isnt there yet, or the number has changed. I know here in NZ I can enter a US number in NZ Post's tracking site and it will show up, but it also normally gives me a new number to track within NZ. Good Luck.

Comment

I sent a set of gauges to Australia and the accused me of not sending them.

I listed a second set of gauges a few weeks later on Ebay and he was convinced I was reselling the gauges even with different mileage showing.

It took over 3 months and about 10 messages from him giving me crap for it taking so long to arrive and he finally received the gauges. He sent a message only saying "it arrived".
                        BDF Special
                        80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
                        Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Working...
                        X