Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty

A few months ago a good friend and I were sitting around sipping on an adult beverage and the conversation got around to all of the ailments.
    As we were taking inventory of the torn up shoulders, knees, wrists, fingers and back surgeries and so on. I looked over at the SF, F and XJ and it came to me that:
    We are ALL just a bunch of used parts.

I hope everyone here can keep those used parts working for a looong time.
    RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Yep, in the 'old days' you'd talk about the hot chicks you met, what a blast you had at a party, and any other fun/craziness you'd be involved in...

Now it's what have you had fixed, who's sick, who's dead, and boy, I'm glad that's not me...

And some of us are more used than others!

'78E original owner
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

My Grandmother in her last years was in terrible pain from degenerative disc syndrome...and cancer....horrible pain and confined to her bed or when there were guests...the couch, (laid out)...but I asked her once how she could deal with it...and she smiled and said..."you only get one go at this...and it's better than the alternative". She was my hero after that.
      Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

Originally posted by Guy_b_g View Post
        ..."you only get one go at this...and it's better than the alternative"...
        Truer words were never spoken. I've had my share of medical issues, and while not something I would particularly recommend, it is what it is. After my back surgury, I got stuck with limits on what I could do and the pain has never completely gone away. But at this point it's a part of life, and the pain is just a reminder that I'm still alive.

It's all about quality of life, and while it's not what it once was, it's still pretty good.

'78E original owner
        Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
        '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
        '82 XJ rebuild project
        '80SG restified, red SOLD
        '79F parts...
        '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
        '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
        '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
        '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
        Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
        Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Working...