B-17 vitamins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-17 vitamins

I just read an article about the health benefits of vitamin B-17, esp, for cancer, and is is NOT available in the US as a dietary supplement, you have to get it from natural sources, but in Canada it is readily available, Canadian members. is this correct??
    '79 XS 1100F

Originally posted by perurider View Post
    I just read an article about the health benefits of vitamin B-17, esp, for cancer, and is is NOT available in the US as a dietary supplement, you have to get it from natural sources, but in Canada it is readily available, Canadian members. is this correct??
    Hi Perurider,
    Not sure if B17 is specifically available. I have seen B Complex which is supposed to conatin all the B vitamins.
    Quite easy to get it naturally though as it occurs in many foods we eat.
    Apple seeds apparently are rich in B17. my favorites are Cashew Nuts, Barley, and Brewers yeast which all contain high levels.
    So have a Beer and a bowl of nuts like me
    ( apparently the alcohol negates the positive effects so maybe not such a good idea )
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Hi Perurider, I had not heard of this until you raised it but it appears that Apricot Kernels are the best source, and as such should be available anywhere stone fruit is abundant, like here. Not sure I like the bit about Cyanide though

Some interesting reading here http://www.frot.co.nz/wheels/apricots.htm
      1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
      2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
        Apple seeds apparently are rich in B17...
        They also contain CYANIDE You may want to find another source.
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by 81xsproject View Post
          They also contain CYANIDE You may want to find another source.
          Hi 81,
          That must be why i never eat the seeds then.
          So people who eat the seeds don't die of Cancer as they are already dead from the CYANIDE

Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Okay, maybe a dumb question, but.....

How the heck are you suppose to swallow one of THESE?

Currently XS-less.

Comment

One bite at a time....
              1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
              2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

I lost My Mother to lung cancer about 4 years ago. When she was diagnosed it was far too advanced to do much but wait for the inevitable. I started reading everything I could about cancer and cures. Everywhere I looked or read on the web, B17 would come up. I can't remember where I read it but after a Dr. found that B17 would kill cancer cells but not healthy ones he wrote a book about his findings. The story went on to say that our federal gov. went to every health food store and removed all b17 from the shelves. They banned it from being sold in stores. ( NOT to Start a HTT).Although you can get the supplement and apricot seeds online. (They have the highest amount of cyanide) The cyanide won't kill you if it is consumed in small amounts. For someone that is dying a horrible and painful death with Chemo and radiation, what's a few seeds going to hurt?

I have a coworker that truly believes B17 saved his wife's life when she was diagnosed 10 years ago. She's still alive today(cancer free) after the Dr.'s didn't hold much hope. My coworker gave his wife b17 supplements for weeks while she was in the hospital. The Dr. approached him and said " I know what your giving you wife. I can't recommend it, BUT don't stop giving it to her."

I guess if I was diagnosed with ANY type of cancer you bet your A$$ I would be chokin down as much B17 as I could handle before I would be stuck with needles and glow green from the radiation.
                Just My .02
                This is just one of many websites...
                http://www.worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/
                Rob
                82 XJ1100
                Stock..With a few cosmetic changes.
                Current Project..Dad's 81 1100 Special

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/RiderXJ/

Comment

Cyanide is any carbon atom triple bonded to a nitrogen atom, occurs in many stone fruits, also found in the plant tapioca is made from. But given a choice, I would eat some apricot seeds!! They taste pretty good.
                  '79 XS 1100F

Comment

I read up on this and from what I've found most articles say the problem is that modern diet has excluded most sources of this. If you read what foods are rich in it, there are plenty of good things like almonds that have it.

When I went on a diet about a year ago I dropped almost all prepared foods and went very natural. It turns out much of the food I eat is rich in B17. I think this is the best way to go. Eat healthy and live well and die anyway...

Geezer
                    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Sounds like you got the right idea, Geez.
                      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X