Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey T.C.

keep up the good work!!and ride safe ,,slow mo
    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
    moemcnally@hotmail.com
    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Originally posted by slow mo View Post
    keep up the good work!!and ride safe ,,slow mo
    +1 to that
    1979XS1100SF
    K&N's and drilled airbox
    Jardine 4in1
    Dunlop Elite 3's
    JBM slide diaphragms
    142.5 main jets
    45 pilot jets
    T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
    750/850 FD mod.
    XV 920 Needle Mod.
    Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
    Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

Another +1. I don't care what the guys on the other site say about you, you're all right.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

We appreciate your work!!

Ride safe and enjoy the summer and fall riding.
        1980G Standard, Restored
        Kerker 4 - 1
        850 Rear End Mod
        2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
        Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
        Automatic CCT
        1980GH Special, Restored
        Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
        '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
        Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Make me a +1 also. Maube the site can get back to what it was when I joined in the spring of 2004. Information on the xs and xj scooters. I have found TC to be very knowlegeable on most things.
          POTTS CREEK EXPRESS

IF YOU AINT THE LEAD DOG
          THE VIEW IS ALWAYS THE SAME
          1980 G Full Dresser

Comment

All of the moderators work very hard around here to keep this ship flowing in the correct direction. Along with the tech dude Mr. Sanders.

I have no idea how much work it is and I am fairly certain it is more than I could handle. Just glad they choose to do it. Jus tlook at the post from Randy after trying to work the shim library for a few months. Only a percentage of members use that library.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

All The Moderators

I would like to thank TopCatGr58, 81xsproject, Prometheus578, Wildkat, DiverRay, Wayne, Ken Talbot, and of course JW Sanders for the moderation of this site. I hope I did not miss anyone who is presently a moderator. I would also like to thank those who have been mods in the past as their hard work made this site what it is today. Yes there may be a few bumps in the road but they work hard to make sure this forum is enjoyable for everyone and I appreciate that a lot! Great job, keep up the good work!
              2-79 XS1100 SF
              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                I would like to thank TopCatGr58, 81xsproject, Prometheus578, Wildkat, DiverRay, Wayne, Ken Talbot, and of course JW Sanders for the moderation of this site. I hope I did not miss anyone who is presently a moderator. I would also like to thank those who have been mods in the past as their hard work made this site what it is today. Yes there may be a few bumps in the road but they work hard to make sure this forum is enjoyable for everyone and I appreciate that a lot! Great job, keep up the good work!
                I'll second that, and want to thank TC personally for helping me out with my connection issues.

'78E original owner
                Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                '82 XJ rebuild project
                '80SG restified, red SOLD
                '79F parts...
                '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Urp!

Ok, I got the dry heaves now....

Members can be banned,

Whole threads can be deleted...I know because you did just that for me a couple of years ago..

But my account and all the information I've posted here over a seven year period remains the property of XS11.com. Well, no likey but it sorta makes sense, IF it can't be done. It stinks if you just don't WANT to do it or don't know HOW.

> To: ForumAdminXS11@hotmail.com
                  > Subject: XS11.com Forums Contact Us Form - Registration Problem
                  > From: randyrago@xx.com
                  > Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 12:52:30 -0600
                  >
                  > The following message was sent to you via the XS11.com Forums Contact Us form by randy ( mailto:randyrago@xx.com ).
                  >
                  > --------------------------------
                  >
                  > Please delete my registration.
                  >
                  > Thank you.
                  >
                  > --------------------------------

Due to the volume of posts linked to your username, and the complexity of the database(s) and search engines on the site, your username/account can not be deleted. It can just become inactive as so many others have over the years.
                  Your email info can be removed if you don't want any members to be able to contact you for TCI services and such, that's your call and request to make.

T.C.

Comment

Urp?

Why would you take back all the info that you have shared over the years? I mean, if you aren't happy here, then go to the other site. Trying to take back the tech tips and advice you have given is just vengence. If you have a problem with some members, that's to be expected, it happens in life. But why do you have to try to get even with everyone else? The guys on the other site aren't banned from coming here to get tech tips and such, only from posting. All this whining about what happened to who and why is old. It's like a divorce, there is his story, there is her story, and there is what really happened. Nobody is intentionally trying to mislead anybody, its all perception. By the way, I do appreciate the carb part you sent me for free, do you wnat that back also?
                    1979XS1100SF
                    K&N's and drilled airbox
                    Jardine 4in1
                    Dunlop Elite 3's
                    JBM slide diaphragms
                    142.5 main jets
                    45 pilot jets
                    T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
                    750/850 FD mod.
                    XV 920 Needle Mod.

Comment

By the way, I do appreciate the carb part you sent me for free, do you wnat that back also?

Tim, I sent it to you because I expected you to appreciate it, and you do. Thanks. I don't want it back, if I needed it I never would have sent it in the first place.

In the second place, what I choose to do with my ideas is my business and has nothing to do with anyone else, whatever their perception. And I don't appreciate being called a whiner and being told where to go.

Comment

First randy, I would like to point out that you have made it clear as to what you want to do, and that is to have your registration deleted. Again your right. Secondly, it could be pointed out that some of my posts could be considered "whining" by their tone. I wasn't singling you out. If some one wants to say that, it doesn't bother me. Quite frankly I would rather some agreement be worked out so everyone would stay. Some of the guys that have chosen to leave or decided to post things that would get themselves banned intentionally are guys that have helped me or have earned my respect through their postings. You yourself have over 4500 posts. that you have done without incuring the wrath of the Mods. You have done favors for many members, including myself, and I am thankful and always will be, no matter what you decide. Your post of your request to cancel your registration is very obvious as to your intent. I for one will miss you. If you have decided to go, then I don't understand why you are dragging your feet. As for what you do with your ideas, yes that is your business, but posting your request concerning your status here sort of puts it in of open. I feel T.C. is doing a great job, so do others. You think otherwise and said so. I don't think the rules here are that restictive if you can do that.
                        1979XS1100SF
                        K&N's and drilled airbox
                        Jardine 4in1
                        Dunlop Elite 3's
                        JBM slide diaphragms
                        142.5 main jets
                        45 pilot jets
                        T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
                        750/850 FD mod.
                        XV 920 Needle Mod.

Comment

With all due respect guys, maybe it time to let it go and move on. For better or worse, for whatever reason, they've thrown thier toys and gone, and the more we all comment about it the more opportunity we present for the disgruntled to malign others. As Tim said, it's getting old.
                          1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                          2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Amen Brother B.

It is a shame a thread Slow Mo intended to thank the folks who work hard and are forced to make hard decisions got derailed. Instead of it being added to another thread that had the same flavor.
                            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                            93 GSX600F
                            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                            81 XS1100 Special
                            81 CB750 C
                            80 CB750 C
                            78 XS750

Comment

I took the bait, my fault. My apologies slo mo.
                              1979XS1100SF
                              K&N's and drilled airbox
                              Jardine 4in1
                              Dunlop Elite 3's
                              JBM slide diaphragms
                              142.5 main jets
                              45 pilot jets
                              T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
                              750/850 FD mod.
                              XV 920 Needle Mod.