A ride if anyone is close, I'd love to see another xs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A ride if anyone is close, I'd love to see another xs

We are off to Clem's today (July 3) to get some of the best ribs ever. It's close to Penn State. I'm going out around 12:00 and should be there around 1 or 2.
    I'll be going with a buell and a purple Honda cb900. Do you think I'll get there first or will the buell chew me up? I'll be running the 78 standard.
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Clem's is at Port Matilda, Pa on or near Rt150.
    79 DT 100

Comment

After a 100 mile ride we found out that Clem's burnt down. They moved to Tyrone, right in town another 13 miles down the road. We sat in airconditioned comfort, watched the big TV and ate the best baby back ribs I've ever had. It would be a good place to watch Steelers games.
      It was a great ride, about 250 miles total trip. The Yamaha ran like it could go forever, the Honda broke down, the Buell got stuck in second a few times. He said it would do 150mph but spent the day bringing up the rear, I never saw him do more than 80. There were so many bikes out it was unreal,,,,,but I didn't see an xs11.
      79 DT 100

Comment

Depends on the Buell, I had a 983cc xb9 Lightning and I believe it was equal in acceleration to my bobber but had a top speed around 150mph. But my bobber is the fastest XS it has ever come into contact with, seriously.
        http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

I've been to Clem's...The place that you have to stand outside...no seating or bathrooms..is that the place that burnt ? They had the best pulled pork this side of the Mississippi...I was there with the ST-Owners group doing an event for the PA Grand canyon...we based out of Wellsboro...Great roads with no one on them.
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I was told it burnt down. They moved 13 miles down the road. They now have air, bathrooms, a bar, booths and a big TV. Oh, yeh and young girls with smiles and low cut shirts. If I wasn't married, I could have fell for the little blond.
            It went from "no frils' to "pert nice." THE FOOD IS STILL GREAT. Worth the 200 mile ride.
            79 DT 100

Comment

No, they were tables and real seats not booths, sorry. All I could think about was eating those ribs.
              79 DT 100

Comment

Working...
              X