What kind of Yamaha did I find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Yamaha did I find

Hi Folks, I was at a friends house the other night. And in the back yard under some junk was an old Yamaha in kinda good shape. Doesn't run, dirty sitting for at least 2 or 3 years. It looks like an FJ but it has a sport fairing with dual headlights. Looks to be a V 4 instead of inline, but it was buried under stuff and I didn't want to show that I might be really interested in buying it. I did get the serial number. One or two numbers might be wrong cause I wrote them down quick. Here goes: JYA8FHC02KA002105. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks. Tom
    Tom

Do you care?

Hi Tom,
    if you can get it cheap, buy it regardless.
    Clean it up and get it running and double your money on re-sale.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

What did I find.

Thanks Fred, You and I both know what will happen, I'll get it, fix it up and never sell it. Just like the XS Hillclimber, the XS Turbo and the XS Hardtail with sidecar that I was going to buy, fix up and sell (lol). I also have an FJ and this looks like it is probably the same vintage. Around 1985. The tank, the graphics, and the controls look similar to mine. It has an old superbike look with a boxy looking tailtrunk that I guess could have been aftermarket. It's the Radiator that has me confused. And I could be wrong about the V4 part. Thanks for replying. Tom
      Tom

Comment

could be

an rz 350 or 500 they had two headlights if it is they are a two stroke demon with a water cooled motor
        91 kwaka kz1000p
        Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

v4 ?

If its a yamaha,V4 & water cooled, sounds like it could be a venture royal or a V-Max, buy it !
          1979 xs1100 f
          142 main, 45 pilot, Jardeen crosover 4/2, no air box
          floats @ 25.7

1979 xs1100 F
          1978 gl 1000 goldwing
          1981 gl 1100 goldwing
          !986 venture royale 1300

Just an ol long haired country boy, come to town to spend some egg money
          when ya get bucked off, get back on

Comment

Rz 500

Yep, I googled it, and I think it is an RZ 500. I should have recognized it from the Kenny Roberts era. I guess I could drop a couple hundred bucks to help them clean up there back yard (lol). Thanks for the help. Guys.
            Tom

Comment

do it those bike when cleaned up get $5k and up lets see some pics
              91 kwaka kz1000p
              Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

That would be a nice find!
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights
                Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines
                Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Pics

I'm out of town next week but look for some pics sometime after that.
                  Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X