My new beast...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new beast...

Something to putt around on while I work on the XS's.

Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Oh now your spoiled..theres no going back..looks like an '08. I have an '01 ST1100. Now your old bikes will be relegated to daytripping. The ST is a great LD machine...You should look into ST-Owners.com. A wealth of info and very helpful people there...It seems of late alot of XS members have gone or are considering going over to an ST....
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I have to admit that i have been looking at a sport touring, but i don't know about leaving my XS at home. It may be the other way around, the sport touring is my short trip and around town bike. It is kind of like being a traitor to the XS1100 for me. Don't know if it will happen, but we will see.
      1980 XS1100LG Midnight
      1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
      A quick death and an easy one.
      A pretty girl and an honest one.
      A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Thanks, it's a 2005.

I have to sell at least 2 of my XS's to help pay for it, but then I should have more time to work on the last 2.

It would be dangerous to get one, if you're worried about leaving your XS at home. The ST is very smooth, quiet and has a 250-300mile cruising range per tank.

On the down side, the footpegs are a little far back and, unless you add bar extensions, I have to lean forward a little. It also doesn't feel like you are moving, so it really needs cruise control!
        Last edited by Crazcnuk; 06-28-2010, 11:16 AM.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Nice looking STeed there! As Madmax stated, good site, good info. Trust me, that ST13 WILL spoil you, and you'll never look back.........Let the farkles begin....... Have fun, ride safe, Brant.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazcnuk View Post
            Something to putt around on while I work on the XS's. - - -
            Hi Craz,
            ooh! A Honda Foldwing! There's posh for you.
            Any snide comments you may get are triggered by pea-green envy.
            Including this one.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I have been on ST-owners for about a month. I went to ask questions while I was shopping.

I was actually looking at the ST1100s, more in my price range, when this one came up.

Bought it in Montana, and did about 1,000 miles (1655kms) to get her home.

My butt got sore, and I was thinking that the STs aren't as comfy as everyone says, but then I realized we were doing 350kms at a stretch!

Just need a top box, some handle bar extensions and a front fender extender. Of course, a laminar windhsheild, heated seat and grips would be nice...

Oh, and the bike needs a t-stat, but even with reduced fuel economy, due to the bad t-stat, I was averaging 46mpg.

The ST has ext warranty until 03/2012 but apparently it doesn't go across the border.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Working...
              X