Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spectacular background needed for calender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectacular background needed for calender?

Doesn't a work of art look better on a blank canvas?

Bob Jones Customs don't need a background.
    45.45%
    Just not pretty enough by itself.
    54.55%
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Your poll is clearly bias... I think you have it all wrong with "not pretty enough." It is more like "would look EVEN BETTER!" I think your concrete-jungle background sort of detracts from that AMAZING work of art. Most art is, as you say painted "on a blank canvas." But, that art is then typically mounted on something that will set it off further.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

I'm still in the process of buffing and polishing right now so it will shine more and after the title transfer, license plate and inspection, it will travel the country to see more than my driveway...... but this will probably be the cleanest it will ever be as I'm not afraid to ride it in the rain.

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

Comment

Ya know, I bet that mechanically that thing's as solid as a rock but maybe a paint job would make it look better.

From a collectible point of view it's a great bike to own and you should feel priviledged and proud to have it, I know I would, but I think his other colour versions were a little easier on the eye.
        1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
        2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

I could pull out my assortment of garage toys and use them in the background but it would be cluttered with a 67 Firebird, 01 TLR and a "shortened" 80 XS11 Special. I love having my house paid off, it gives me lots of money to blow now!

Famous Myspace quote:

Comment

The green's a little flashy, gotta be a Kawasaki lover to like it I guess, which I'm not, but it grows on ya. His Street Sleeper has a very cool color, (colour), scheme and the engine is all polished, but that one costs over 3 times what I got this one for.

Famous Myspace quote:

Comment

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue View Post
              Doesn't a work of art look better on a blank canvas? - - -
              Hi Jeremy,
              most of the calendar photos will show bikes that have been gussied up to look better than new.
              I would suppose that Kat's requirement for a meaningful background is not for aesthetic reasons but to show that the owner actually rode the bike someplace?
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                Hi Jeremy,
                most of the calendar photos will show bikes that have been gussied up to look better than new.
                I would suppose that Kat's requirement for a meaningful background is not for aesthetic reasons but to show that the owner actually rode the bike someplace?
                It will be soon enough, it's not gonna be a low mileage garage queen for much longer. I'm sure many members would put this in the garage just to look at and never ride it, but I bought it to travel on.

I'm still in the process of buffing and polishing right now so it will shine more and after the title transfer, license plate and inspection, it will travel the country to see more than my driveway...... but this will probably be the cleanest it will ever be as I'm not afraid to ride it in the rain.

Famous Myspace quote:

Comment

Hi Jeremy,
                  I could never understand any1 buying a bike and storing
                  it inside never using it, thats a beautiful bike
                  and should be ridden. Congrats on your buy.
                  pete

new owner of
                  08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
                  1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
                  zrx carbs
                  18mm float height
                  145 main jets
                  38 pilots
                  slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
                  fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

The green's a little flashy

At least it's mostly BLACK

mro

Comment

Doesn't a work of art look better on a blank canvas?
                      Sometimes... which is why I dedicated two calendars to Bob and his bikes after his passing...

This is an awesome looking bike... but if it goes in the calendar, it will need a really great background as well...
                      Last edited by Wildkat; 06-20-2010, 04:57 AM.
                      81 SH Something Special
                      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
                        This is an awesome looking bike... but if it goes in the calendar, it will need a really great background as well...
                        Jeremy I agree with Kat...as stunning a bike as this is ..it woul;d be further enhanced by a stunning background
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Maybe a spectacular background would help tone down the flashy green a little!
                          Just kidding that bike looks really nice.
                          79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                          80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                          80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                          79 DT 100

Comment

Hey, Jeremy...
                            I dig the green... but then, I've become really partial to Kaw's since getting to ride Cody's Connie.... (Holy Cow!!! Now that's a FAST bike!)

I kept wondering why every time we'd go riding, it was everything I could do to keep up w/ him! Seemed like he always would ride around 80... everywhere!

Then he let me ride it one night. I took off, and felt like I just grandpa'd it through the gears... felt like I was going around 60 mph, looked down and saw I was going 100! Wow... then I understood why we go so fast when I'm following him on that thing! Ya just don't realize it sometimes, and it requires a lot of attention to keep the speed down! It just WANTS to cruise around at 100!

I got no problems w/ the green! Just means it'll probably go fast.... LOL

Cograts again, man. I'm 'GREEN' w/ envy!
                            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

[/QUOTE]

I know the perfect background for that machine....My garage!

... (or anywhere else the keys and title should be in my possesion.)
                              Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
                              Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
                              while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Working...
                              X