A leg to stand on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A leg to stand on

I just read motorcycle mishap with a happy ending. In Massachusetts on I-93 a statepatolman saw person leaning on the gardrail with only one leg. He stopped an called a ambulance, then the one legged man said I don't need an ambulance, I just lost my artifical leg. I was riding my motorcycle and going around that corner back there and it just flew off. By that time the ambulance arrived and joined in the hunt for the missing leg. An ambulance attendent found it. and the boot that was still attached. They helped the biker strap it on and he drove off. End of story.
    Ole Hop and a skip Jack
    J.D."Jack" Smith
    1980G&S "Halfbreed"
    1978E straight job
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

When I lived in Modesto CA, a neighbor of mine had a friend living with him who only had one leg.

There was a group of about 10-12 of us including the neighbor and the one legged guy that were all into Karting. We were at a 1/4 mile dirt track south of Modesto playing one day...(racing around the track at speeds approaching 60mph on the straight for some of us)...the G forces and vibration caused the guy's prosthetic leg to fly off into the middle of the track..

We all managed to dodge the leg...nearly resulting in several wrecks...then everyone pulled in and watched the guy gather up his leg and strap it back on...we were almost rolling on the ground we were all laughing so hard...we teased him mercilessly the rest of the day.

Next time he came to the track with us he had a lever operated brake on the steering wheel and he took the leg off before going out.
    Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

Working...
    X