Things that really suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that really suck

I decided to start this thread because of something the I found really sucks today (okay I knew it before but it got brought to my attention again today).

Something that really sucks is getting a big sneezing fit going down the road with a full face helmet on in traffic.

I mean the kind where the snot is running down out of your nose and your eyes are watering. There is nothing you can do but try to keep going down the road till you can find a place to pull over, get off and try to clean up the mess. And then cleaning the mess out of the inside of the helmet. At least mine is a fairly impermeable material that wasn't too hard to clean.

Anything else that really sucks (doesn't have to be MC related either.)
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Reading about somebodies bodily functions on a MC forum....

Just Kidding, but yes, that was a bit more graphic than I needed.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

uh, its called a modular helmet, when you feel the sneeze coming, flip the chin up and let it hit the windshield of the guy behind you
      1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
      Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

Thank you for that very graphic and concise description during my supper.

Other things that REALLY suck:

American Idol.

That's pretty much it.
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Well, modular helmets make me a little nervous. I'm a little concerned about the structural integrity of the chin and face area on them. As well, I have found several studies online that seem to back up my concerns. That said, if I could find one that I was comfortable with, and that I could afford, I would probably get it anyways. But as we have talked about, sometimes you have to work with what you have, not what you would like.

Kind of like having your laptop die 4 days before your leaving on a trip where you need it. And the only place you can get a replacement in time (at least of the brand and type that you want/need) is a rent to own place that means you pay about 25% more (minimum, assuming I pay it off in the next couple of months like I plan), but I had it in hand and was able to get everything installed and configured that I needed in time, however that combined with other things (this is what really makes it suck) meant I didn't have the funds to go on the Cali Rally. So, that is something else that really sucks.
          Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Spade Fuse Box
          750 FD Mod
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
            Thank you for that very graphic and concise description during my supper.

Other things that REALLY suck:

American Idol.

That's pretty much it.
            IDK, have you seen America's got talent? The name of the show is pretty much the biggest contradiction I have seen. Those folks are worse than the ones on American Idol, and that's saying something.

Sorry for the graphic description, it's just what got my mind going on the subject of suckage. And as an aside to psycho, I'm not sure if a modular would have helped in the situation described, as that would have required taking hands off the controls in heavy traffic.

I know, maybe I can invent a helmet with replaceable absorbent padding in that area for that situation. It's got to have happened to others at times.
            Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Spade Fuse Box
            750 FD Mod
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

Comment

Being Poor

Being poor and wanting to paint my tank. Her is a picture that I highlighted the damage. http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/a.../100_1427a.jpg
              Eric (South of Greensboro, NC)
              82 XJ1100 "Echos" Mostly Stock
              Matthew 4:19 "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men"

Comment

Nuff said
                Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
                  IDK, have you seen America's got talent? The name of the show is pretty much the biggest contradiction I have seen. Those folks are worse than the ones on American Idol, and that's saying something.

Sorry for the graphic description, it's just what got my mind going on the subject of suckage. And as an aside to psycho, I'm not sure if a modular would have helped in the situation described, as that would have required taking hands off the controls in heavy traffic.

I know, maybe I can invent a helmet with replaceable absorbent padding in that area for that situation. It's got to have happened to others at times.
                  Just stick a maxi-pad in there, and let us know how that works out for you.
                  Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I decided to take an allergy pill every single day, all Spring/Summer to prevent that very thing from happening (along with itchy, watery eyes). I have also disovered how to sneeze with a minimum of spewage insde my helmet in the case where I can't prevent it completely.

Things that suck? How about divorces that involve kids. That and the lawyers that get involved (on either/both side).
                    1980 XS850SG - Sold
                    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                    -H. Ford

Comment

Getting vomited on.

My buddy had the worst case. We were transporting a little old lady with general sickness symptoms. She wispered something my friend couldnt hear, so he leaned down and she let loose with her stomach contents into his right ear and mouth. He in turn let loose into the stairwell of the side door. Appearently she had said " I need to throw up". It took an hour to clean the unit up.
                      1981 XS1100H

Quando omni flunkus moritati

When all else fails, play dead.

Comment

Buncha whiners!
                        suck can only do 14.7psi.
                        there's no limit to being pressured.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                          Buncha whiners!
                          suck can only do 14.7psi.
                          there's no limit to being pressured.
                          That's only true in air at sea level. If you go further down, suck can to more and more, reaching at the level of the BP oil rig spill 100's of psi.
                          Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
                          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                          OEM Luggage Rack
                          Spade Fuse Box
                          750 FD Mod
                          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                          XJ1100 Shocks

Comment

Riding in an Oklahoma wind of 40mph with gusts to 55, and having to turn your head to the side to breath in. Wind just right causes a vacuum and takes your breath away. And the other thing that sucks, is being on a very nice ride and having to go home.
                            Richard
                            '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
                            '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Originally posted by XSive Okie View Post
                              Riding in an Oklahoma wind of 40mph with gusts to 55, and having to turn your head to the side to breath in. Wind just right causes a vacuum and takes your breath away. And the other thing that sucks, is being on a very nice ride and having to go home.
                              That's what fairings/windshields are for. And it's pretty much exactly why those of us who like them do, I watch naked riders struggle in the wind and just keep going. Even side winds aren't so bad with the fairing on there (I don't know if a bar mounted windshield would do as well).
                              Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
                              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                              OEM Luggage Rack
                              Spade Fuse Box
                              750 FD Mod
                              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                              XJ1100 Shocks

Comment

Working...
                              X