I can stop:D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can stop:D

Last week I was wrenching on the bike. went through the brakes cleaned the calipers, new ss brake lines and new front master now I can really stop this is great. went for a nice ride today and when I came home I took a few pics. In the last few weeks I also put on some highway pegs, detailed the motor a little,differant bars and threw a pinstripe on the tank.

thanks to everyone on this site I'm always searching for ideas and tech tips.
    1980 Midnight Special Its so fast it blew the gold right off
    mikes xs green monster coils, ss brake lines,
    Previous Bike
    1973 XS650

Mine work great after I rebuilt everything also, it already had stainless steel lines on it. Nice bike and I'm sure there are plenty of people on here to cut and paste previous posts and tech info to help you with any future problems. Everyone should recycle!
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Very nice looking machine. Gret work!
      Mike Giroir
      79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

This one looks really good, and I say that noting that I really don't care much for black bikes. Yours looks good because its done tastefully, and not like some of the "blacked out" stuff you typically see done with a roll of cheap masking tape and rattle can barbecue paint. Good job.

What kind of paint did you use on the engine, and how did you get the XS11 decal on the clutch cover?
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

What kind of paint did you use on the engine, and how did you get the XS11 decal on the clutch cover?
          Hey Ivan thanks for the compliment. I usually catch $*it for ruining a MNS. When I picked this xs up it wasn't very SPECIAL and I thaught I would improve on the MIDNIGHT part

For the engine I used duplicolor engine paint low gloss black
          The tank, fenders and side covers are a black metallic a color used on newer mopars. The wheels are jet black. I went for the " multi blackout" look

The xs11 decal is the one you can buy through cafe express. I just cut out the center
          Previous Bike
          1973 XS650

Comment

Oh Come on, you can admit it, you used masking tape and BBQ Grill paint!!!
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Nice Job!! But....????

Hey Furious,
              Very nice job on the bike and excellent job pinstriping the tank. Another member pinstriped the outside of his rims on his bobber. Looks kind of cool too.
              BUT, what I want to know??? What is that yellow car in the garage with FL antique plates?? Looks cool. At first I thought Corvair but they never had those tail lights.
              Want me to keep you posted for the next ride around the lake?
              1980G Standard, Restored
              Kerker 4 - 1
              850 Rear End Mod
              2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
              Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
              Automatic CCT
              1980GH Special, Restored
              Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
              '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
              Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Hey Cobia thanks the car is a 1962 dodge dart. let me know about the next ride sounds like fun.
                Previous Bike
                1973 XS650

Comment

Hehe, I spent A LOT of time passed out in a 67 Dart due to my old friend Jim Bean. Sometimes with companionship, sometimes without. Later I moved up to the mobile Hilton, which was a 76 T-bird with all leather interior, and I could actually sleep in the back seat without bending my knees, and had more room for the previously mentioned companionship. I don't think my current "permanent companion" would appreciate the accommodation, even after a lengthy conversation with Jim Bean.

Man I miss my old cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
                    This one looks really good, and I say that noting that I really don't care much for black bikes. Yours looks good because its done tastefully, and not like some of the "blacked out" stuff you typically see done with a roll of cheap masking tape and rattle can barbecue paint. Good job.

What are you trying to say about my bike Ivan.
                    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                    '82 XJ1100
                    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I think he's trying to say it looks like a Charbroil.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
                        Hehe, I spent A LOT of time passed out in a 67 Dart due to my old friend Jim Bean. Sometimes with companionship, sometimes without. Later I moved up to the mobile Hilton, which was a 76 T-bird with all leather interior, and I could actually sleep in the back seat without bending my knees, and had more room for the previously mentioned companionship. I don't think my current "permanent companion" would appreciate the accommodation, even after a lengthy conversation with Jim Bean.

Man I miss my old cars.
                        77 LTD.......very roomy.......sober

Comment

The old PLymouth VIP (special edition of the Fury III). I think you have to go Limo to get any bigger.
                          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                          93 GSX600F
                          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                          81 XS1100 Special
                          81 CB750 C
                          80 CB750 C
                          78 XS750

Comment

Oh man,

Talk about nostalgia. I sure miss my '59 caddy.
                            '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                            Original except:
                            120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                            4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                            Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                            All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                            Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                              What are you trying to say about my bike Ivan.
                              Unless you spraypainted your tires since the last time I saw your bike...nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X