California Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Rally

[B]California Rally this weekend[/B]. THought I would send a post for the rally this weekend in Santa Margarita. Started by the famous LoHo a few years back, its been a classic for those on the fence or those that want to attend an xs1100,xj1100 rally with lots of cool, stock, customized, bobbered 1100's. Just going and getting the history, tips, advice, and meeting a great bunch of guys that have that passion for these bikes is a worthwhile experience. You can read the thread in the rally section,,,this weekend meeting at the Santa Margarita KOA. So far, riders from all over Ca, a few from Colorado, Arizona, Oregon? are attending. If you can make the annual event, it is sure to brighten your xs1100 experience. For those that cannot make it keep it in mind for next year. Great bikes, greater comraderie, great rides..........great Life. Mike in San Diegohttp://www.xs11.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Santa Margarita as in san luis obipso / atascadero central coast ????
    careful what you wish for.........you might get it

Comment

Yes!

some padding words to make the forum software happy
      1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
      Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

Unfortunatly as I sit here in a hotel room in Denver I realize that even though I will be back in town late tomorrow night, I have to work this weekend. So it goes, no matter how far in advance you plan, it can still reach out and bite you.

Have fun guys, hopefully I'll be able to make next year.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

You would have to remind me....again. Have been in CA for the last 2 rallies, (Both great!!!) but can't make it this year. Sure wish I was heading west right now. Hope everyone has a good time and ride safe.

'08 Yosemite Rally and '09 Santa Margarita Rally photos can be seen at:
          http://gallery.me.com/jerryfields

Try the Slide Show option.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

[QUOTE=Jerry;283081Sure wish I was heading west right now.[/QUOTE]

We missed you this year, Jerry. We suggested a Colorado Rally so if it pans out you can have some fun without riding so darn far and some of the other XSives can make it.
            -- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Colorado Rally needed

Hey Jerry and Motoman,,,,we discussed a Colorado Rally same time next year and the group agreed it would be great to have one there is one of the guys can locate a good campsite near some real riding. We also could attract a lot of members that have California as too far to go but Colo. is good for a rally. SO,,,,,a new rally site would be cool for everyone and you wouldnt have to go far or trailer. Tell Motoman I will pick up the muffler when, if theres a rally there...hope all is well,Mike in S.D.
              mike
              1982 xj1100 maxim
              1981 venture bagger
              1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
              1959 wife

Comment

Could easily do a Colo. Rally next year. Durango would be the perfect spot to do it out of. Since that's where my Venturer cut its teeth when new and is where I grew up, some the most scenic awsome riding in the States would be in this area(Tail of the Dragon would be second). I can prearrange for those camping as am good friends with a fellow off-road four wheeler that owns a campground/RVpark there. All manicured grass and tree area for the tents as well as bathroom/shower accommadations. Elevation there is 6,500ft. and all the riding goes up to almost 12,000ft. from there as far as mountain riding, Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, etc. Would be willing to lead the rides as I know routes and time tables like the back of my hand, as well as all the good eateries, JAT. Since it's only 160miles south of G. Junction, it's always good for an afternoon of XSesive smiles, sometimes an afternoon sprinke or just plain perfect cool weather riding to ward off the heat of where I live. Often run into groups of sport riders that haul there scoots from Tesas and Oklahoma and Caly two weeks out of the year to ride what I take for granite!.......
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

If we can pick a date early enough that I can arrange for the time off work (it would have to be a 4 day weekend for me) then I'd be in for sure.
                  1979 xs1100 Special -
                  Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                  Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                  My Bike:
                  [link is broken]

Comment

Sounds like fun and I can actually get there now without hiring an auxiliary fuel tanker to follow me across the deadly desert because I think I've fixed the gas mileage problem on my bike: 175 miles to reserve @ 41 MPG.

It appears the '79 needles in the '80 carburetor slides are a drop-in replacement.
                    -- Scott
                    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                    1979 XS1100F: parts
                    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
                    X