This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
    I'm not going to argue with you as your mind is made up on this...

I guess it's a good thing all of the joking that others do isn't taken this seriously...
    Ok. Don't argue. Fact is your so called jokes still hurt a lot of people.

Yeah, we'd all be queer huh?
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

What

The He11 was that all about???
      '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
      Original except:
      120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
      4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
      Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
      All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
      Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Jeez, I just asked a simple question and this has turned toxic somehow...

'78E original owner
        Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
        '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
        '82 XJ rebuild project
        '80SG restified, red SOLD
        '79F parts...
        '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
        '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
        '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
        '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
        Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
        Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
          Jeez, I just asked a simple question and this has turned toxic somehow...

'78E original owner
          You know Steve, it seems some people just are not going to be happy until they start an argument and get to be pissy with folks. I once knew a guy like that, hung around with him for a couple years. Then the constant antogonistic BS got old and I quit going anywhere around him. And people wonder why they don't get invited to places.

Ohh...and I am sorry but I have to say anyone who thinks deleting their post on this website, let alone the bleeding HBT Forum compares in any way to burning books let alone the Holy Bible, really needs to get over themselves. I'd laugh at it if it wasn't so completely sad.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Drama in my relationship, drama at work, and now on one of my favorite sites. Geez, must be the heat.
            Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
              You know Steve, it seems some people just are not going to be happy until they start an argument and get to be pissy with folks. I once knew a guy like that, hung around with him for a couple years. Then the constant antogonistic BS got old and I quit going anywhere around him. And people wonder why they don't get invited to places.

Ohh...and I am sorry but I have to say anyone who thinks deleting their post on this website, let alone the bleeding HBT Forum compares in any way to burning books let alone the Holy Bible, really needs to get over themselves. I'd laugh at it if it wasn't so completely sad.
              Pathetic is a more apt term
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                Pathetic is a more apt term
                You know, I met you and thought you were pretty decent, sorry to disappoint you on this end.

Actually you Easterners were all pretty decent, from what I could gather.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
                  Ok. Don't argue. Fact is your so called jokes still hurt a lot of people.

Yeah, we'd all be queer huh?
                  So much of a joke that friends and their wives were deleted from facebook friends that had nothing to do with it....

No homo!
                  http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

It matters not

what medium the literary works were confined in, nor whether one person or another cared naught for them. The case is easily made that one person shall not destroy the works of another without delivering just compensation.

I would have appreciated being asked if I wished a copy. One man's trash is another's treasure. As to those that think their own works unworthy, I would thank them to confine their opinions just as they wish to confine mine. You have no rights beyond that which affects you directly.

As I should have stated previously, IMO the post count means something only to those with big egos and swollen heads. Ideas on the other hand are the very essence of mankind. Impetuous actions are by nature done without thought. The destruction or squashing of ideas and formulated opinions is something I personally would rather avoid.

JAT
                    '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                    Original except:
                    120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                    4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                    Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                    All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                    Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post

...this comparison is what I thought was pathetic...I did not attribute this to any one person and certainly not implying anyone here is pathetic,but I guess i should just STFU as I really didnt intend to offend anyone.

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
                      You know, I met you and thought you were pretty decent, sorry to disappoint you on this end.

Actually you Easterners were all pretty decent, from what I could gather.
                      Ivan after all this $h!+ is said and done my opinion of you has not changed. I too think you are a pretty decent person always have. Sometimes my opinions are also unsolicited and I say whats on my mind right or wrong. After all if we all thought the same then what would we learn from each other? I'm not dissappointed in the slightest bit.
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Well, John, that was a very well put iteration of just what I was getting at with the burning books comment. I wish I had your command of the language.

It wasn't the post count, rather the ideas and opinions that were important to me, even if I didn't agree with them.

Comment

For once I'm glad I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

It would be sad to see a site like this fragmented by personality differences, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time I've seen it happen to a good group of folks who can't or won't swallow their pride and concentrate on what they have in common rather than tearing each other down.

People will be people, sometimes the best people make the worst mistakes, for what seems like all the right reasons of the moment, then stand back and look at the damage it wrought, shake their heads and wonder how it could have happened. I hope that's not the case here, I'd hate to see this site turn into a slow moving train wreck.

Just sayin'.
                          Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                            ...this comparison is what I thought was pathetic...I did not attribute this to any one person and certainly not implying anyone here is pathetic,but I guess i should just STFU as I really didnt intend to offend anyone.

Ivan after all this $h!+ is said and done my opinion of you has not changed. I too think you are a pretty decent person always have. Sometimes my opinions are also unsolicited and I say whats on my mind right or wrong. After all if we all thought the same then what would we learn from each other? I'm not dissappointed in the slightest bit.
                            Ok, cool. Thanks.

Comment

It's not tearing us apart but making stronger friendships of those we can trust. I could care less who is friends with who, just hope that workouts for you and not have to see the petty things happen to each of those friends one at a time until the bridge is burnt down. I'm not going to sway anyone from befriending this person or that person, sometimes people click even if they are totally evil to other friends along the way, hence why this wasn't brought up before to oust anyone. Make your own decisions, I'm not making for you.
                              http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

God damn I am sick of babysitting! If you have a personal problem with someone, work it out via PM, or get over it! As for losing post counts, get over it. The person who started this thread is! If you want to talk polotics, go somewhere else! If you want something fixed for free, send it to Ivan. And last, but certainly not least, if you don't like the way this forum is run, LEAVE! PERIOD. This is rediculous.
                                '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X