Looking for !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for !!!

Hello all i am looking for a windshield for my xj not really into fairings but i didfind one off a xs400 does anyone know if it will fit?
    1982 xj1100j

Maybe someone knows or has just the shield to sell
    1982 xj1100j

Comment

Oh yeah the price for the fairing is 40 dollars with what looks like all the mounting brackets !!!!
      1982 xj1100j

Comment

Does it mount to the handlebars or the headlight assembly? We got us them square handlebar things on our XJ's.
        Dan
        Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
        Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
        while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

What i can tell from the pics it mounts to the forks
          1982 xj1100j

Comment

Sorry that is it mounts to the bracket under the gas tank and headlight
            1982 xj1100j

Comment

Originally posted by BIG MIC View Post
              What i can tell from the pics it mounts to the forks
              So, are you going to show us the pictures??
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

I have a smaller one for summer that mounts to the handlebars and is quick release. Don't remember the brand but can find out tonight.
                It looks like this in front.
                XJ1100 Ruby Red
                XS1100LH "Midnight"
                1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Well i dont actually have pics the ones i seen are on craigs list
                  it looks alot like bob's from the canton really.... Thanks for the windshield pick would be interested in the windshield brand let me know where and how much
                  1982 xj1100j

Comment

HERE S A LINK TO THE PIC
                    1982 xj1100j

Comment

Or just a pic i guess? Lol
                      1982 xj1100j

Comment

HERE S A LINK TO THE PIC
                        That looks like a quicksilver which was the vetter fairing designed for the smaller bikes. They will work on an XS11 if you can find a mount, the mount for an XS400 is quite different and won't as far as I can tell on an XS11, as matter of fact, my XS400 had one of those fairings before I bought it, and still had the mount when I got it. I managed to mount a windjammer on it, but the weld where the mount hooks to on the top didn't hold up and had to be re-welded once. Then when the bike was stolen it came back without the fairing OR mount. I have an extra windjammer now, but don't yet have the mount for it. I'm about to make an offer on a windjammer mount for my 400 soon, cause I'm not going to pay what the guy is asking, but maybe he will take what I am willing to pay.
                        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                        Vetter Windjammer IV
                        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                        OEM Luggage Rack
                        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                        Spade Fuse Box
                        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                        750 FD Mod
                        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Winshield

I use a Spitfire by Slipstreamer and it mounts directly to the uprights of the handlebars. There's a hole on each side of the bars that works perfectly when you put a nut behind it and then use the quick release mounts that look like a cylinder with a bolt sticking out the bottom and another hole where you run the windshield stays. You install the mounts to the bars loosely, then fit the windshield with the stays in them, line them up, tighten, and you're done.
                          I know, long carry on sentences but........
                          1980G Standard, Restored
                          Kerker 4 - 1
                          850 Rear End Mod
                          2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                          Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                          Automatic CCT
                          1980GH Special, Restored
                          Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                          '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                          Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

thanks for the info. am going to offer the guy who has it thirty dollars just to start. may i can modify it to fit
                            1982 xj1100j

Comment

thanks for the info. am going to offer the guy who has it thirty dollars just to start. may i can modify it to fit
                              Good luck. Having both I can't see how you could modify the mount to fit an XS11, but the fairing is worth that, and I have seen mounts for that fairing made for our bikes, so step one is the fairing, step 2 is a mount that will work.
                              Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                              Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                              Vetter Windjammer IV
                              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                              OEM Luggage Rack
                              Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                              Spade Fuse Box
                              Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                              750 FD Mod
                              TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                              XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
                              X