D Day remembered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Day remembered

We have been experiencing some very severe weather lately here in the pacific NW.My guess is that it is similar to what those boys had in 1944 in northern France on D Day.My hat goes off to all those who sacrificed and put their own lives on hold to serve our country and preserve freedom.Thank you.
    Terry
    1980 special (Phyllis)
    1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

+1

we shall see summer!!!
    1980 XS1100LG Midnight
    1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
    A quick death and an easy one.
    A pretty girl and an honest one.
    A cold beer and another one!

Comment

D-Day

I join the rest of you in remembering the sacrifice those soldiers made. I honor all service men and women by flying a flag 24/7. When my wife and I see present day service men and women, I shake their hands and my wife gives them a hug. No one has turned us away. God bless them!
      J.D."Jack" Smith
      1980G&S "Halfbreed"
      1978E straight job
      "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Powerful photograph

This is one of the most powerful photographs I have ever seen. I hope I never get over the impact it has on me.

Marine Staff Sgt. Mark Graunke, Jr., Iraq War Vet, Hugs Pearl Harbor Survivor/WWII Vet Houston James (Graunke Lost a Leg, Hand, and Eye Defusing a Bomb in Iraq.

May God bless our servicemen and women.

Thank you all...

Rodger
        RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

SWMBO and I just returned home on Friday from a couple of weeks in France, which included a few days along the Normandy coast. We just happened to be at the American cemetery at Omaha beach in time for the raising of the flags one morning:

The day before, just after we had toured the Canadian museum at Juno beach, we walked out onto the beach. What I saw there, probably touched me as much as any of the exhibits inside the museum:

Actually visiting the beaches certainly puts it all in a different perspective.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
          X