Trip from Nashville to Charleston.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip from Nashville to Charleston.

As I am trying my best to get to 79sf's ready for a 1300 mile trip I thought I would seek the community's advice upon suggested routes, sites, and stops. We are definitely aiming for the tail of the dragon as it is pretty much directly on the way. Probably going to camp somewhere in the national forest half way. I can't wait to have a motorcycle in Charleston.

Anybody ever charge their cell from the bike?

Here is my proposed route for the trip. for some reason Google Maps removed the road tracing and did it as the bird flies, but you get the picture.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...7,7.064209&z=7
    1979 XS1100SF (4-1 Kerker, XS Pods, 145 mains, 45 pilots, drag bars, blacked out)

Originally posted by CA View Post
    As I am trying my best to get to 79sf's ready for a 1300 mile trip I thought I would seek the community's advice upon suggested routes, sites, and stops. We are definitely aiming for the tail of the dragon as it is pretty much directly on the way. Probably going to camp somewhere in the national forest half way. I can't wait to have a motorcycle in Charleston.

Here is my proposed route for the trip. for some reason Google Maps removed the road tracing and did it as the bird flies, but you get the picture.

I'm pretty sure Deals Gap and TOD are still blocked,,, only accessable from the NC end...you have to come out the same way you go in. Heres a link explaing routes around the rockslide...
    http://www.dealsgap.com/
    Last edited by madmax-im; 06-02-2010, 04:06 PM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by CA View Post

Hi CA,
      I have frequently charged my Cell from the bike. I have mounted a power outlet (cigarette lighter) for convenience. hardwired and fused.
      I use it for the GPS too.
      Enjoy your ride.
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I use the cig. lighter plug in my fairing for my GPS on every long trip I take. Never had a problem with that. I wouldn't try it unless the bike was running down the freeway though, since at idle, it might not supply enough juice for everything. YMMV
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

I put a power point on, and just used some bullet connectors to hook into the blue wire in the headlight bucket and the ground, which has several open spots. Took all of 10 minutes to do.
          Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
          X