Two weeks of hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two weeks of hell

I needed a new tire on the back of the Pathfinder and two weeks ago I went to my favorite store to order a new one. I decided I wanted to try a different brand with dual compound tread. I learned there is no way to search for who carries tires of a like kind except pour through many big thick catalogs. Someone should develope a database that has all that so you could search easily by size, type, manafacturer etc. Well I decided to try a Metzler we found after about 30 min looking.... Ordered it should be there in 3 to 5 days. 10 days later it still isn't here and no-one can tell me why. So I go to another place in Corona and find a Bridgstone in just what I wanted. That was Wed and they said the next day, Thur. Guess what, Thur came and no tire and I'm NOT happy. They then told me Fri so I waited. Friday they called and the tire was there so I took off the wheel, loaded it in the van and got on the 91 E to Corona. Immediately the traffic stopped and it took me 1:15 hrs to get off at the next opportunity which was a toll road South. A tanker truck with 8000 gals of fuel turned over and caught fire closing the freeway in both directions. There are no other ways to get through the canyon except some one lane back roads from Chino. It cost me $2.75 just to get off at the first exit and double back. I went north to Chino via Carbon Canyon and surface streets to an old road few know about that enters Corona from behind the little airport. Mounted and balanced the tire and headed back and the news radio has been telling everybody about my route and it was a parking lot all the way back. Luckily my direction was flowing smoothly.

BEEN A LONG DAY
    Last edited by planedick; 05-28-2010, 06:30 PM.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Wow Dick,
    Sounds like a an exercise in futility. I'm glad you got your tire though.
    It sounds like the gods were aligned against you on that one.lol
    So how does the new tire handle?
    80 SG XS1100
    14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

that sucks

it is hard to find tires for the 17" rim , Is your rim tubless?
      91 kwaka kz1000p
      Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Tubless

Yes, it's tubless and it's a '79 rim 'cause the '78 were tube rims.
        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
        Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
        Drilled airbox
        Tkat fork brace
        Hardly mufflers
        late model carbs
        Newer style fuses
        Oil pressure guage
        Custom security system
        Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...