OUr XS1100 79 running!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUr XS1100 79 running!!!!

It is running pretty good. Carbs rebuilt did not use their main jets or pilot jets but the rest of the kit.

It is running but needs sycned yet. Also he still needs to check out all of the brakes and wiring.

Got all our parts Side covers, etc. relined gas tank.

Just need to paint.

We are off and running Yippee!!! Still waiting for my ride, not until it is checked and completed

Thanks for everyone's help and I am glad you are there for us.

We will be talking to all of ya soon and pics

Sherry & Mark

GOOD JOB!

Now that it runs, just keep tinkering with it. Tell him we think he deserves to ride it now.
    '80 XS 1100SG

Comment

Glad you worked out some of the major stuff...hope to see you at a nearby rally soon!!
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

When you guys get the rest of the bugs out, head on down this way and we can go for a spin. My wife and I don`t have anyone to ride with. You`re only an hour away. My XS sat for 16 yrs before I redone it. Just takes time.
        JJJ

Comment

Hello Again Jim and Sherry&Mark,
          I saw this post after sending you both private messages. We need to organize a spring rally in central ohio, but even before that we need to take a nice fall ride into SE ohio.
          I will post in the lounge to see if there is anyone interested in a central ohio XS rally.
          Bill
          Bill Woods
          1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
          1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
          2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Good news! Always glad to hear more 'success stories'. Just to let you know, though, you are never quite done....always a bit or 2 you want to add, upgrade, or tinker with.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
            X