I'm Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back

Hey all, Steve Pratel here, one of the original XS11.com-ers, and the founder of XS East (with Darrell Newcomb, and a few others)

I still have my XS11, have added an FJR and 750. Our great Uncle has bounced me around teh globe non stop the last 7 years or so, but I am back on the East Coast, figured I'd stp in to say hello, glad to see the XS11 crowd is HEALTHY. I remember the day back in 1996 when I found XS11.com that I thought I was the only XS11 owner on teh planet, never seemed to see any on the street.

Dont know if anyone is still active from the good old days, I see you still have the XS East on Memorial Day weekend.

Anyhow, I'll try to get a few pics up. cheers!
    2005 FJR 1300 "Mission" (NON ABS)
    1979 XS 1100 SF "Visitation" Owned since 1984 - SS Brake Lines, TKAT fork brace, Progressive Fork Springs.
    1978 XS 750 D "Motivation" - 9" rear custom shocks, dropped front end, shaved seat

When Caged:2006 Jeep Commander, 1986 Cutlass 442, 1976 Porsche 912E (latest project)

Wow a real old timer...LOL Welcome back Steve...I have only been here a few yrs but I have owned my XJ since new...just never knew there was an XS/XJ community all those years... Theres a rally this weekend in Somerset PA... XSEast and I'll be there...will be my 3rd year. Would be cool to see you there...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hey Steve....

Welcome back! I'm pretty new and most of the time a giant PITA.

Just thought I'd let you know a couple of the old timers frome here in the south central region. TRBIG http://www.xs11.com/forum/member.php...poster&t=28277, and Ivan http://www.xs11.com/forum/member.php...poster&t=28171 are going to be at XS East too. As a matter of fact, I think they are in VA. right now headed that way.

Comment

Where the hell have you been? Left without even a goodbye. Stopped by your place about 4 mos after you left and there were strangers there!

Looks like you're local, Alexandria? We need to get together. XSEast is in Somerset PA. If you can't do the weekend my son and I are riding out Fri. (He's riding Dave Hill's old 79SF.)
        Darrell
        78E
        80G project
        06FJR

Comment

Welcome back!

Good to see some of the original members making their way back here... not too many of y'all left.
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by newc4 View Post
            Where the hell have you been? Left without even a goodbye. Stopped by your place about 4 mos after you left and there were strangers there!

Looks like you're local, Alexandria? We need to get together. XSEast is in Somerset PA. If you can't do the weekend my son and I are riding out Fri. (He's riding Dave Hill's old 79SF.)
            Was hoping you were still around, tried to find your place a few weeks ago, think I was close, but couldnt find it. Yeah, they yanked me outta here real quick, not a happy time for me... Several trips to funfilled places! Went to Colorado, then South Carolina, With Iraq and Africa in between, now back here in DC. My number is 571-314-1740, give me a call. I dont know if I can make it for the weekend, but I'm thinking Sunday up and back. We definately need to get together. LOTSA changes in my world.
            2005 FJR 1300 "Mission" (NON ABS)
            1979 XS 1100 SF "Visitation" Owned since 1984 - SS Brake Lines, TKAT fork brace, Progressive Fork Springs.
            1978 XS 750 D "Motivation" - 9" rear custom shocks, dropped front end, shaved seat

When Caged:2006 Jeep Commander, 1986 Cutlass 442, 1976 Porsche 912E (latest project)

Comment

Hey bulldog9, welcome back to Channel 11. Thank you for your service to our great nation, and our service men and women.
              '79 XS11 F
              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
              Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
              GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Working...
              X