moving yeah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving yeah!

i,ll be off the site for a while;;who cares;; as i,m going to move to quiet street in a quiet town opposed to being a lab rat for my neighbors;;jerks;;sub woofer all day all night well you know the tale,ride safe,,slowmo
    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
    moemcnally@hotmail.com
    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Do we get the test results before you move
    BDF Special
    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Good luck Mo!! Hurry back. Hope your new neighbors are more tolerable!!
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

I'm doing the same thing. No more blaring music I can't understand at all hours! No more screaming kids. No more apartment living, listening to people slamming doors and pounding up and down the stairs! I am going to miss the occasional tasing that goes on(it's hilarious!). That's one thing I won't get in Manomet!! However the beach will make up for it!
        Good luck with the move Mo!
        80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
        79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Originally posted by CarolynS View Post
          I'm doing the same thing. No more blaring music I can't understand at all hours! No more screaming kids. No more apartment living, listening to people slamming doors and pounding up and down the stairs! I am going to miss the occasional tasing that goes on(it's hilarious!). That's one thing I won't get in Manomet!! However the beach will make up for it!
          Good luck with the move Mo!
          DO YOU LIVE ON MY STREET!!!! ride safe Carolyn,,slow mo!
          The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
          moemcnally@hotmail.com
          i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

Comment

Moving can be a bitch but it's usually worth it. I'm hoping to move later this year to a place with more shop space if I can pull it off... If it happens, look for me selling off my XS11 parts stash...

Tony
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolynS View Post
              No more blaring music I can't understand at all hours!
              Yep, that's Lawrence for you.

Mo, good luck with your move!
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Smaller towns are good

Make sure you send us your new info Mo, stay in touch. We got some fixin' and ridin' to do.
                BDF
                I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Saturday night the gang from next door had to interrupt their loud party to fight with a gang down the street 7 cruisers tazed a few of these goofs ,,Monday was kinda quiet the local goofs stole a car a couple of houses from me set it on fire and laughed,,thank god for quiet nights,,ride safe ,,slow mo!
                  moemcnally@hotmail.com
                  i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

Comment

Just getting outta from where you are to the "quiet" town, will add years on your life ..

Can't really say we have "tazer" action where I am though , lol ..

Biggest excitement here this month was almost tackling a wild turkey at my shop door ..
                    1980 SG - "Blue Balls"

Complete Restoration - Finished June 21/2010

- 1179 kit
                    - 80/81 carbs 42.5/115 mains with XS pods
                    - Mac 4 into 1 exhaust
                    - Venture auto CCT
                    - progressive fork springs - no air
                    - Mike's progressive rear shocks
                    - Galfer S.S. Brake Lines
                    - XSDirect - Black Coils
                    - 8 mm S.S. Core Plug Wires
                    - T.C. fuse box
                    - TKat fork brace
                    - Geezer regulator
                    - Battlax BT45 V-Rated tires
                    - 5W40 - Rotella T6 Synth Engine Oil
                    - rest of bike is "good old Yamaha"

Comment

The 'turkeys' here get tased! And occasionally tackled...but they usually tase them first! LOL!!
                      79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Holy Carp!

Sounds like those who are moving are doing the right thing... I never thought about there being that much gang activity up that way.

Best of luck! and I hope the new places are as quiet as you want them to be... but I think Carolyn gets extra points for the beach...
                        81 SH Something Special
                        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                        80 LG Black Magic
                        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                        For those on FB

Comment

Thanks Wildkat! Not only do I get the beach, but this is my grandparent's house. They bought it right after the war. My grandfather passed in 2003 from cancer, and I still miss him terribly. He was the glue that held our family together. It will really be great to update and repair the old family home. I hope he approves of all I do. There's been some major changes in my life and I'll be back on the site like the I used to be. I'm not just moving...I'm moving ON!! Watch for threads looking for advice from roofing to floor installation. LOL!!!
                          I wish we had gangs in Lawrence. If we did, they'd appoint a task force and we could call and report them. These are just random idiots that are in every nook and cranny. You can't get rid of them.
                          I don't know why everyone can't just behave and have a little consideration for other people.
                          79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Im preparing to move at the end of June as well. This will be move #5 in 3 years. Im sick of it and am ready to not move again for a long time. Unfortunately, I will have to move one more time in probably 2 years but that time will be into a house Im buying, and not a rental! GL with your move everyone.
                            '79 XS11 F
                            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                            Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                            GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Holy Cowabunga

I feel really humble after CarolynS and Mo description of their neighborhood. I used to come on here and whine about the stop sign next to my house and how it became invisable when certain vehicles came near it. Not any more, you guys have every good wish from me.
                              Ole Jack
                              J.D."Jack" Smith
                              1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                              1978E straight job
                              "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Working...
                              X