Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CH11 problems

What's going on with Ch11?

I am having to use a proxy server (again)..this is about the 4th or 5th time in 6 months...

I get error messages when I try to answer a PM, and none of the tools work when I try to post..

And now the first proxy I was using can't log on, and I had to try two others before I could log in...

Anyone else having problems?

Please email me at guy_b_g@live.com if you can help, 'cause I don't know if I'll be able to log in...thx

That's guy(underscore)b(underscore)g like in my sig, thanks!
    Last edited by Guy_b_g; 05-21-2010, 08:36 PM.
    Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Hey, I'm having problems too!!!!!!!!!! I'm on a proxy and bouncing my IP across the world just to get on here!
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

You're making me nervous....

No problem here but since the last time I've been trying not to log off the forum while I do other things 'just in case'.
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I am fine in Washington. No problems.
        1980 XS1100LG Midnight
        1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
        A quick death and an easy one.
        A pretty girl and an honest one.
        A cold beer and another one!

Comment

hi newb

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other" enough said
          The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
          moemcnally@hotmail.com
          i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

I've had all kinds of issues logging in over the past several weeks. For some reason, it only seemed to be XS11 that had been giving me a problem. I finally traced the problem to my wireless router. It was a Westell 327W, and they swapped it out for a new one. As if by magic, I was once again able to access XS11. That lasted for about four days, and the new router started exhibiting the same problems. Once again I had the router swapped out, and this time they gave me a Westell 7500, and that one is working well. I also isolated my new router with a surge suppressor on both the power connections and the telephone lines. Coincidental with my problems there had been a lot of thunderstorms in the area, and you just never know...

There are tools available online that will allow you to see every hop your packets are making on the way to XS11. I found them very helpful in diagnosing my problem. Network Tools If you click the radio button for 'trace', key in xs11.com, and tell it to go you'll see how far you're packets are going.
            Last edited by dbeardslee; 05-22-2010, 10:40 AM.
            I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other" enough said

Care to expound on that?

Because IF I've been insulted for asking for help, I'd like to know why.
              Guy

'78E

Comment

Thanks Doug,

This has been an intermittent problem for several months now.

The first time it happened I got a new cable modem, no change.

I called my ISP, we traced all the way to XS11 with him watching, and I couldn't connect.

He had no problems connecting.

I've traced it from here several times when I've had problems, every time it traces to XS11, but won't connect.

I can connect via proxy.

Every time I've had problems, others have posted with problems at the same time...and every time the difficulty connecting mysteriously goes away on it's own after a few days. As far as I can tell this is true for me as well as the others with connection problems to this site.

I've tried changing my firewall and cookie settings, I've tried deleting all cookies and internet history, I've changed browsers too...etc, etc...

I'm out of ideas but open to suggestions.
                Last edited by Guy_b_g; 05-22-2010, 11:07 AM.
                Guy

'78E

Comment

I don't have a wireless router, direct hookup to PC from cable modem.
                  Guy

'78E

Comment

Might try a hard reset on your router. Both times I had trouble I was on XS11 trying to post to a thread when the 'problem' manifested itself. I'm thinking it burped and inserted some code somewhere in the router related to the XS11 site. Both times the problem was in the router.

The problem wasn't limited to the wireless connection on mine - I could connect it in via etherlink cable and it would do the same thing.
                    Last edited by dbeardslee; 05-22-2010, 11:16 AM.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Thanks Doug, I'll try that.

Did it once with my old Modem, and it didn't help, maybe it will on this one...let you know in a few minutes.
                      Guy

'78E

Comment

No luck with the reset...still have to use a proxy.
                        Guy

'78E

Comment

Maybe it's a problem with my ISP..BrightHouse Cable...I'm out of ideas.

(Funny thing is THEY can connect to Ch11 no problem)

Oh, and all of my equipment is surge protected...
                          Last edited by Guy_b_g; 05-22-2010, 11:29 AM.
                          Guy

'78E

Comment

One of the things I did to isolate my problem was to take my laptop next door to my brother's house, and see if I could connect there. I did that to verify that the problem was not in my computer. Of course if you're running on a desktop, that becomes a bit more difficult. Once I could demonstrate to my ISP that the problem was somewhere in their equipment, they cheerfully replaced the router. If you're computer is portable, and you have friends or acquaintances with the same ISP, you might try plugging in via their connection and see what you get (after you verify that they can hit XS11). Alternatively, if you can't move the computer, if you can borrow a router/cable modem from that friend/acquaintance it might help pinpoint the problem. Only takes a few minutes to find out if the problem's in the router or someplace else.
                            Last edited by dbeardslee; 05-22-2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

My G/F uses the same ISP that I do, and I can access Ch11 from there...maybe I'll take my modem down and try switching it out with a new one at BrightHouse Monday.
                              Guy

'78E

Comment

Working...
                              X