Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Moron

Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...09#description

Q: What's yor total price so I can stop beating around the bush ? And is it rebuilt and ready to go? May-18-10
    A: what do you mean,,,the total price,,this is on a 7 day auction,,,so the total price would be if you are the high bidder ,,,after the 7 days are up,,and to you question,,""is it rebuilt"" I have no idea,,this came off of a complete 78 yamaha 1100xs,,it looks to be in real good condition,,so I would think it would be ready to go,,but I can not say that it will not need some work,,thanks so much,,shar

Maybe he got the HBF removed
    79SF
    XJ11
    78E

Somebody's a little unclear on the concept...
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

And expect too much , to soon , to fast, to easy.
      79SF
      XJ11
      78E

Comment

Morons are everywhere, check out this 1989 Honda Goldwing with 110,000 miles for only........ $7,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NADA and Kelley blue book (retail) are both at about $4,700

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcy/1751666877.html

Or this 1979 XS650 bobber for only........ $7,000 too!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't even have front brakes!!!!!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcy/1747675954.html
        http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Me thinks the concept of an "Auction" may be a little foreign to some
          1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
          2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

It's an auction, the total price is the highest bid. If they're not sure about a rebuild then I guess no is the answer. That's the good part about an auction, if the item is good the bids will come. I guess that tells me my bike is a piece of crap.
            79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
            80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
            79 DT 100

Comment

Well, I look at like this, the person asking the question basically said "tell me what your top dollar, "Buy it now" price is. I do not want to wait till the action ends and just keep throwing money on top of whoever bids."

If it were me, I'd have given him my "not in my wildest dream" price.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

I thought that's what BUY IT NOW ment on Ebay. That's the only time I'd put one on, otherwise your just putting a limit on what you can make and at ebay's price that's not smart.
                79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                79 DT 100

Comment

Agreed

Me thinks the concept of an "Auction" may be a little foreign to some
                  Ebay has forgotten what an auction really is.

Just typed in Yamaha Midnight Special and got 201 results /modified with "auction only" reduced it to 13.

WTF???
                  Last edited by jmnjrpa; 05-21-2010, 08:03 AM.
                  '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                  Original except:
                  120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                  4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                  Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                  All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                  Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Originally posted by SFerinTEXAS View Post
                    Q: What's yor total price so I can stop beating around the bush ? And is it rebuilt and ready to go? May-18-10
                    A: what do you mean,,,the total price,,this is on a 7 day auction,,,so the total price would be if you are the high bidder ,,,after the 7 days are up,,and to you question,,""is it rebuilt"" I have no idea,,this came off of a complete 78 yamaha 1100xs,,it looks to be in real good condition,,so I would think it would be ready to go,,but I can not say that it will not need some work,,thanks so much,,shar - - -
                    Hi SFer,
                    had you asked "is there a buy it now price?" you might have gotten a different reply.
                    But you didn't.
                    Shar's reply was just fine; he took the carb rack off a bike, it looks OK from the outside and the highest bidder gets it.
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

[QUOTE=Montreux_Blue;278496]Morons are everywhere, check out this 1989 Honda Goldwing with 110,000 miles for only........ $7,000 - - -
                      Or this 1979 XS650 bobber for only........ $7,000 too. It doesn't even have front brakes!!!!!

Hi Blue,
                      the 'wing has every available catalog option on it while the XS650 is a rolling obscenity with a salvageable power unit.
                      What they have in common is that their owners each poured a fortune into those machines and hope to see some of it back.
                      That's not moronic. Ponying up $7,000 for either of them, well - - -
                      BTW, I hate e-bay auctions too. Put in the max dollar you are willing to pay and some bastard sniper gets it for a dollar more in the last 1/2 second.
                      At least with "buy it now" you don't get that hassle.
                      Last edited by fredintoon; 05-21-2010, 09:21 AM.
                      Fred Hill, S'toon
                      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Yo Fred

I was not any part of that deal.
                        79SF
                        XJ11
                        78E

Comment

I'm with you Fred! I have missed atleast three fuel tanks for my bike that way. I would have the high bid for almost the entire duration, only to find someone in the last 2 secounds outbid me by ; like you said 1 buck. I thought I was getting smarter, so I would try to be sitting by the computer during the last couple minutes to thwarp any attemps to keep me from my prize and I still wasn't fast enough. This isn't the best thing for a preacher to admit, but I really wished that the tank would fall of the UPS truck in front of their house and get run over.
                          Rev.Rick

What I ride now: 1980 XS1100 Special

What I used to Ride: 1980 XS850, 1984 Honda V65 Sabre, 1974 Honda CB750 ss, Yamaha YZ 480 (bored YZ400), Kawasaki 500 triple

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! John Newton (1725-1807)

Comment

Originally posted by jmnjrpa View Post
                            Ebay has forgotten what an auction really is.

Just typed in Yamaha Midnight Special and got 201 results /modified with "auction only" reduced it to 13.

WTF???
                            The problem is that people want a gurantee that they will make a profit. Ebay was originally an online "yard sale". You could sell the stuff you no longer wanted, and maybe make some money from the deal. Now, it's more of an online supermarket, where people make a living selling items at a profit. Now, I have to admit that I do like the fact that there are so many items available if I really need them. However, IMO it has become WAY too commercialized.

I was looking for a radio and/or a cover for my cyclesounds for the last few days. It seems that people think that a 30+ y/o piece of plastic is worth a fortune! Buy-it-now prices or minimum bids set higher than what I paid for my entire fairing! I guess if it sells, and they are willing to be patient enough to wait for that to happen, more power to them, but it just seems like people are in it for the money instead of just getting rid of stuff they no longer need.

As for the "snipers", I admit I am one of those. That is how ebay functions. Don't bid at all, until the last 10 seconds, and make sure you enter the highest $ amount you are willing to pay. You see, if you had entered the highest amount you were willing to pay, you would not be upset because the "sniper" is simply willing to pay more than you. You would not have paid that $1 more anyway, right??
                            Last edited by CatatonicBug; 05-21-2010, 10:11 AM.
                            1980 XS850SG - Sold
                            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                            -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by SFerinTEXAS View Post
                              I was not any part of that deal.
                              Hi SFer,
                              You? Why does everything always have to be about you?
                              Note that the above is a facetious quote and by no means implies anything derogatory towards yourself.
                              Fred Hill, S'toon
                              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                              X