Favorite Pulled Over Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a story yall like...

And it was even printed in a Mopar Muscle Magazine..

It was a few years ago. As some of you know I have some old muscle cars. One being a 69 Charger that belonged to my baby brother before he passed. That I now have owned for for 17 years. Now this is just a average Charger with a mild 440 in it. Just plain jane tires on it. Yellow with a Black stripe on the back. Thats all. Well one night my niece was wanting to drive. As she always liked driving the Charger. Well we were in town here in Bowling Green. It was at night. The Sun was just setting. We pulled up to a stop light on 68/80. When I young kid pulled up in a old Gto. Looked to a 68 or 69. All I know is he had it set up for drag racing. Had the wide tires and wheelie bars. Didn't sound like a drag car tho. Well anyway he rev'ed his engine wanting to race. Well I told my Niece Melissa if she wanted to race him she could. Well when that light turned green she hit the gas. And we were both off racing from the light. I was really surprised that we puller ahead of the Gto. Well we was hitting about 100 when I looked over to my left and seen 2 Kentucky State Troopers sitting on the the railroad crossing talking to each other. Well we flew by them and I told my niece you may want to shut it down and pull it over. She asked why we was winning she said. I told her yeah but you just blew by to cops doing over a 100. She was like oh Sh!t. Well we pulled over. Had enough time to pull out all the paper work and all. The Gto passed us by as we were pulled over. They kept on going. Well the 2 KSP pulled up. Walked up to the car and ask us for all the paper work. They ask why we was driving so fast and asked how fast we was going. My niece said she had a lead foot and said we was moving pretty quick. Well the officer went back to his car for a few minutes and then he came back. I thought for sure things was going to get bad quick. But to our surprise the officer said I'll tell you what. I don't know how fast you was going cause you went by me so quick that by the time I turned my radar gun on I couldn't tell how fast your were going. He then asked if the seat belts in the car worked. He then said heck with it who cares. It's a old car and they may not work correctly he said. He then said I'm gonna let you go and to please stay out of the throttle and try to do the speed limit. And with that he said have a nice night.

I don't think he was expecting a women that young to driving a car like that. If it would have been me they would have dragged me off to jail. All I can say is she sure did have a lucky Horse Shoe with her that night.
    Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
    87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
    93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
    71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
    69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

Bear in the air

I was 17 years old ( just the other day ) and driving my brothers 1960 impala conv. from Newport Oregon (my hometown) Up to Seattle to return the car. My best bud was riding with me, and we were to stay with my brother, andwork on the Naval base. After leaving Portland on Interstate 5, a cadillac decided he should pass me. Well, i could not allow that. Then the race began, we were passing on the right, changing lanes, (didn't have time for those turn signals ya know), and just plain speeding. I was turning about 110, and we were changing places, but i was way ahead by the time we got to Chehalis. I pulled off for fuel, as the Chevy seemed to eat fuel at those speeds. Got back on the freeway, and started looking for the Cad. Didn't find the Cad, but did find a WSP behind me. He pulled over, and came up to the window real easy like, ask for my license and registration, and proceeded to tell me that the bear in the air had me clocked at over 100, and i was lane changing, and passing on the right. Then another car pulled up behind, a guy and his family. I was shaking in my seat, as i had never been stopped before. The cop said that the guy behind was an off duty officer, and he had been following me since i left Portland. I thought **** this is not good. He gave me a ticket for neglegent driving to the sum of $250.00, and said that it should be reckless driving. I signed the ticket, and continued. Got myself a good talkingto from my brother, even though he laughed his ass off. Was not until later that i thought about it all. If that guy was following me from Portland, then he must have been moving along as good as me, and had to havestopped in Chehalis as well, or he would have missed me. They pulled a bull**** one on me. I just cleaned my pants out and never got caught again. I eventualy bought that car from my brother, and sold it when i went in the Navy.
      1980 XS1100LG Midnight
      1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
      A quick death and an easy one.
      A pretty girl and an honest one.
      A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Working...
      X