Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBT- I liked and miss the "other joke thread", but that's it.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I too am glad it's gone..

At the risk of being called a screaming hypocrite (because I did sometimes add fuel to burning fires, and sometimes vehenmently defended myself and country against the attacks of others,and other times just simply added to discussion) I said right from day one that it was a bad idea and would end in tears.

In my experience, Politics and Religion have destroyed more friendships throughout time than any other cause, not to mention the number of wars theyve started.

Wont miss it one bit.

Tag line stays, btw. It's got nothing to do with hbt, it's in reference to an idiot I struck behind a parts counter when looking for parts for my wifes car recently. He really was an unarmed person when it came to intelligence.
      Last edited by b.walker5; 05-20-2010, 05:48 PM.
      1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
      2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

I will live without it but I often wonder at the ones that say they did not like it and still went there. Made no sense to me! It is also confusing as how the forum "made" others quit or leave??? We are all grownups (I think) so why can't we either get along or live and let live. Why is it we have to make others conform to our ideas or believe as we believe?
        Just my thoughts as at present am not sure about it being worth 2 cents to anyone else.
        '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
        Original except:
        120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
        4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
        Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
        All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
        Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Originally posted by jmnjrpa View Post
          ...We are all grownups (I think) so why can't we either get along or live and let live. Why is it we have to make others conform to our ideas or believe as we believe?..
          Human Nature. Been happening since we crawled out of the primordail swamp and started thinking for ourselves. If we ever achieve that ideal there would be no more wars or arguments period. Cant wait for that day.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

I'll

Pass, on the everyone thinking the same if that is what you mean? Sounds too test tube for me and what would happen to passon? I hope we never get to the point that we all agree but it would be nice for some understanding and compassion. Live and let live should be added to the golden rule.
            Original except:
            120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
            4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines

Big John

Comment

Sir Thomas Moore in 1516 described it as "Utopia". Don't worry, it'll never happen.

Comment

This is almost like a book burning. Not to see or read.And be erased.
                I have no idea what caused this. The HBF was created because of member complaints. Now it is gone. They win. BURN THE BOOK. The warnings were clear do not go here, but they came . I have no idea what killed this forum as that book has been burned.

I can see the mod"s not wanting to deal with this if it got ugly. I can not see anyone who was warned away from here having an issue unless they want this book burned. YOU WIN . you lose.

Anyone that wants to tell me what happened (besides the book burners)(on second though Try me) please PM me with your opinion or details of what transpired that caused the BURNING of the forum records. If I could see it I could make up my own mind.

But no. Erase it. Those that complained before, must be happy now.
                79SF
                XJ11
                78E

Comment

i don't miss it,
                  but i read the warning and only wandered in there a few times.
                  The warning seemed clear to me.

I don't know why it got shut down, But the people around here are smart level headed people. I will trust they're judgment.
                  this isn't "my" website, i enjoy it, i have recieved ALOT of help from EVERYONE here and i am grateful to all.

if the Mod's thought things where getting out of hand then they probibly where.
                  i haven't been in there for a while so i can't say.
                  but the end result is the same.
                  I too have off days and difficult days, and am thankful that you all have, let me slide.

Let's continue to do what we came here to do and keep repairing these amazing, powerful and awsome bikes.

Happy Riding
                  1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.

2012 FJR1300 Gen 2. Heli bar risers, R-gaza crash bars, mccruise cruise control.

(2)2008 WR250R. Because kids outgrew others.

2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000. (Just added 2024) pre-crashed.

1975 Kawasaki S1 250. My first bike. Still have it. NO I'm not selling it!!

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Originally posted by SFerinTEXAS View Post
                    I can not see anyone who was warned away from here having an issue unless they want this book burned.
                    There were two sides to that warning, one to members who may not want to go there, the other to members who used the forum. Rather than look at the members who did not use the forum for the reason of its demise, it may be useful to look at the behavior of those who frequented it most, and recall the second half of that warning.
                    Last edited by DGXSER; 05-21-2010, 07:35 AM.
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

I have to agree with Joe

Fittingly, it was an argument about motorcycles and the XS11 that shut it down.
                      A lot of people here think it was shut down because of politics or religion. Make no mistake it was shut down because some parties could not be civil with their opinions ABOUT MOTORCYCLES.
                      Original except:

Big John

Comment

The point of this thread has become pointless..time to kill it too. The whole reason I joined this site was for the comraderie and knowledge in fixing and maintainence of our XS/XJ1100s'. HBT had nothing to do with this and has become a point of divisiveness. IT has driven a wedge between us. Some people will forever be pissed off abt what happened but the bottom line is to preserve the membership and get back to the basics...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

It was shut down because the attitudes that were developing in that forum from several threads were spilling over into the rest of the site.
                          The MODS have received several complaints from members regarding some of the threads on both sides of many arguments. It had reached the point we were losing members because the attitudes that were spilling over were starting to be very divisive and antagonistic.
                          That is not what this site is about...

Closing that forum was not a spur of the moment decision, nor did it simply rely on the postings in that one thread. That was just the breaking point.

Oops... sorry Ben... didn't see your response before I posted... but yeah... what he said.
                          81 SH Something Special
                          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                          80 LG Black Magic
                          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                          For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
                            It was shut down because the attitudes that were developing in that forum from several threads were spilling over into the rest of the site.
                            The MODS have received several complaints from members regarding some of the threads on both sides of many arguments. It had reached the point we were losing members because the attitudes that were spilling over were starting to be very divisive and antagonistic.

Closing that forum was not a spur of the moment decision, nor did it simply rely on the postings in that one thread. That was just the breaking point.

Oops... sorry Ben... didn't see your response before I posted... but yeah... what he said.
                            Its ok Kat... Just confirms that my feelings on this are well supported.
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

You know, I got in there and joined in a few heated discussions, and then as things got more heated up, started to wonder why I was bothering. Then I stopped going in there to post, then stopped reading them, so I don't figure I'll miss them at all. For that matter, there are lots of places I can find for those type of discussions if I want, and I figure I have better things to do with my time.
                              Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                              Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                              Vetter Windjammer IV
                              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                              OEM Luggage Rack
                              Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                              Spade Fuse Box
                              Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                              750 FD Mod
                              TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                              XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post

Those attitudes are still there, and will always be there. The most hateful arguments that I've seen were from the kids building choppers, and the older folks throwing fits about it.
                                And as much as 81xsproject doesn't like it. There will always be arguments on this site. That's what people do.
                                Joe

78XS1100

Comment

Working...
                                X