I'm being played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm being played

So i have known this girl for over a year and last time i saw her was last year, but we have kept in contact through the computer and text messaging.We were supposed to go out today but i also got a part time job I'm supposed to go to.I was going to call out and was hoping she would call as she said after 3 we will meet but again no call or text.I guess I'm being played as she has stood me up before.Just venting i supposed-thanks for listening.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

http://www.break.com/index/psycho-gi...in-europe.html

Dude, they are all nuckin futz
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

What can you say... "Cant live with em and cant live without em" although after 27 years sometimes i think i'd like to try...
      Posted this before in another thread but it's probably more appropriate here..

And thus, dear students, we have arrived at the formula for understanding women
      1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
      2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Play-ing 'the Game'

According to my daughter(who is 21, and therefore more 'in the know' than some of the rest of us), you have to play 'the Game'.
        If I understand her properly...that means that you have to be aloof and disinterested to the point of being borderline hostile. I am completely single now and I was informed by her that my way of being myself is not what people want. They want to be entertained. It's no fun to try to get to know someone as they really are anymore. It's more fun(supposedly)to be hurt, frustrated, teased and generally annoyed with the whole situation.
        What does this mean? I have absolutely no idea anymore. I do however have an opinion. Don't bother! There's someone out there who is as lame as you are(if my daughter is right about how lame I AM)that will think enough of themselves and you, have a plan for their life and what they want, and be mature enough to be open and honest. Dallas(my daughter)says that if you don't want to play 'the Game', give them three strikes. Third time you make plans and they beg off or no show, discontinue all contact permanently. According to her, if you want someone that's 'going your way' so to speak, three times is enough to know if you're being played and give up on them. Sounds to me like you've been in contact with her for awhile, and she's not going to come around. Keep looking...FWIW...
        80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
        79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Rule #1
          When I got a little older I made up my mind a woman is like a cat. Act like you want to grab it and it will run away for sure. Sit down and relax and it comes right to you.
          Rule # 2 always.
          Don't call for three days after a date. If she calls you first that's even better.
          Rule #3
          If you have a girl and get sex every time you try, don't think for a second that this will continue if you get married.
          Last edited by xs11lover; 05-16-2010, 07:39 PM.
          79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
          80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
          80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
          79 DT 100

Comment

I'm from the other coast, but I agree with Carolyn. Just be yourself, and if she doesn't seem to care about keeping in touch, keep looking. I've found that if you look around at what you do every day, you will find like minded people to talk with. Once that starts, you find more common people, and things seem to go from there.
            I must admit I DID meet SWMBO through an online service! We lived about 1.5 miles apart, but didn't run into each other because of work. Match.com will work if YOU ARE HONEST about what you are looking for. You'll still have to go through a few frogs, but it's a little easier to meet at a neutral coffee shop or such, so you don't have a stalker going after you! Believe it or not, even guys need to worry about that!
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

All are spot on

Peter,
              You're getting good advise from all here. All I can add is that unless the other person brings in to the relationship interests and activities that are compatible, and even better, enhance your interests it's going to be tough going. I mean, at this age, who wants to deal with Dallas, sorry Carolyn. And if a partner cannot see the value and beauty of a fly-fishing day excursion, or even weekend............well maybe it just ain't gonna work out (sorry about the colloquialism).
              Dude, act and believe that what you do and the way you live has value and you'll feel a lot better about yourself.......
              Everybody wants that. Others will see that and it's attractive and positive. It's a positive magnet.
              OK, enough of the pep talk. Really!!

Good to hear from you again, Carolyn.
              1980G Standard, Restored
              Kerker 4 - 1
              850 Rear End Mod
              2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
              Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
              Automatic CCT
              1980GH Special, Restored
              Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
              '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
              Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

OK so she called but i decided to go to work instead(Sunday-time and a half pay)So we are going out tomorrow and she wanted me to stop on my way home from work for a beer.So all is good for now.
                1980 XS1100 SG
                Inline fuel filters
                160 mph speedometer mod
                Kerker Exhaust
                1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Originally posted by b.walker5 View Post
                  Posted this before in another thread but it's probably more appropriate here..

And thus, dear students, we have arrived at the formula for understanding women
                  Brian, that's the freshman chalkboard!

Yam, there isn't enough room on any number of boards to adequately simplify the feminine calculus except to note en passant that if you are actually using chalk you're doing it wrong.

Call her.

Regards,

Scott
                  -- Scott
                  _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                  1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                  1979 XS1100F: parts
                  2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

The female brain.........

How it works.
                    XS1100SF
                    XS1100F

Comment

If she's over 18 and playing you to the point that you ask for relationship advice on a motorcycle list, you need to bail out and look elsewhere. If she's under 18, get off this list.
                      "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Well over 18-38 to be exact-an hour before our date-we will see what happens
                        1980 XS1100 SG
                        Inline fuel filters
                        160 mph speedometer mod
                        Kerker Exhaust
                        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Originally posted by LoHo View Post
                          If she's under 18...
                          you just might find yourself on another, far less fun, list.

-Yeah, I see that she's 38, but just wanted to make a reference to lists.
                          -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                          '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
                          ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

Look on the bright side. You have a potential relationship. If she is right for you, it will happen.
                            Remember, there is always someone in a worse situation. In an attempt to make you feel better, I will tell you my situation.
                            I am 21 and should be having the time of my life. In stead, I am working on a ship with a bunch of dudes. Some guys might like that, but thats not my cup of coffee if you know what I mean. I caught my ex-girlfriend making out with another guy on my boat before I left for sea. Most of the people that I work with believe that it is ok to cheat on their wives and girlfriends.(extreemly discouraging) I haven't actually seen or talked to a good looking girl since about February. Before that, I hadn't been ashore since November. Vent all you want man, we all need to. It does seem difficult to find a girl who doesn't play games, but it can be done. (I hope for me too)
                            Last edited by HobbyMan; 05-18-2010, 04:36 PM.
                            United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                            If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                            "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                            "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                            Acta Non Verba

Comment

Must have been a good date because he hasn't been back here since yesterday!
                              http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Working...
                              X