Our XS 1100 maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our XS 1100 maybe

He is very much back at it. Rebuilding a 79 standard set of carbs. all the way this time, but having trouble finding new floats.

Ordered the rebuild kits, but haven't found the floats, partsnmore are still out.

But things are looking up, as we have located all of the original luggauge parts and side covers and emblems!!!

Now we just need to get it runing again (right this time) and then paint original color and everything is factory.

Can't wait to go for a ride soon, I hope.

Thanks for all the iinspiration!!

Sherry

Uh oh, what brand of kits did you order? Some of them have the wrong stuff in them and will cause you much grief. You might want to look into the forum further but I bet somebody who has been thru this will chime in. I got lucky with mine and didn't need any parts so I can't remember the brand that sucks!
    Garry
    '79 SF "Battle Cat"
    outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

It's thre K&L kits that suck. If you get that brand, use only the float valve and float chamber gasket. Toss the rest of the kit.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I even had problems with the float valve hanging up and was only able to use the bowl gasket. My opinion is send the whole kit back for a refund.
        DZ
        Vyger, 'F'
        "The Special", 'SF'
        '08 FJR1300

Comment

rebuild carb kits

I ordered them off a site in Indy, calle cycle-re-cycle for 21.95 a set, they did not state what kind they were.

Is anyone familiar with them?

Should I try to call them to find out what kind I am getting.

The guarntee them, so if they are not right, I will send them back.

Had to put in specific year and model of the carbs, or should I take our chances?

Thanks guys
          Sherry

Comment

Cycle-Recycle II is a good place, but I get Mikuni stuff from Carbparts warehouse, carbparts.com I think, should you need real Mikuni jets.

Comment

I think the only thing bad in the K&L kit is the pilot jet (too big)...don't use it. Rest is OK as far as i know unless somebody can say for sure. I am going by what has been posted in the past.

Don't let everybody freak you out...why are you replacing the floats? The leaks can be fixed even in the brass 78-79 floats.

There is a procedure to find the leaks and a solder repir of some kind.....just look around in tips or try the off site tips at The regular site ( ww.xs11.com )
              Gary Granger
              Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
              2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Freak out?

Hey Gary! wasn't trying to freak anybody out! Just giving the "heads up". Seems like a lot of members have had problems with those kits and some have had more than one wrong part in them. Why not get the right stuff to start with? That is unless they have "extra money" for freight and that sorta stuff, not to mention time that they could be riding. I think its really neat to take the part out of the package and be able to install it and then find out it works like it's supposed to! Not have to break out all the precision measuring stuff just to determine if you can even get to use it all. Sorry Sherry if I might have caused you to "freak out" LOL (But I would find out what brand they were before I had them shipped)
                Garry
                '79 SF "Battle Cat"
                outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

Working...
                X