o/t update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o/t update

Well for anyone who remembers this thread, I've fixed my Fu(&ed Old Rebuilt Dodge. Turns out when you change the oil more than once every 8 months, everything works just fine.

I changed the filter, ran a quart of marvel mystery oil in it, drove the 6 blocks back and forth to work for a week, changed the oil and filter, and now she purrs like a kitten. A rusty ugly mangy old kitten.
    1980 XS11SG
    Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
    Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
    ratted out, mean, and nasty

Can you use Marvel Mystery oil in a bike? Say... maybe a dirty ol mangy xs11?
    Sam Christensen
    The Chronicles of my Rebuild http://xs1100rebuild.blogspot.com

--------------------------------------------------------
    If you are leading and no one is following, maybe your just taking a walk.

Currently bikeless. Sold my 1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

So far as I know, you can use it in anything. I would NOT use it as a constant additive in your oil though. It's basically a solvent and "gunk remover". As such I believe it thins down the oil a bit, so you wouldn't get the benefits oil gives you. Some people swear by MMM, I just happened to have a bit on hand and used it. It may have not had any effect, it may have just been old chunky oil and a clogged filter causing my problems. YMMV
      1980 XS11SG
      Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
      Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
      ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

y

I used to use type F ATF, put in about half a quart, drive consevatively for 40-50 miles, and change the oil. Quiets lifters, and much crap comes out with the oil. Change again at a few hundred miles, and oil stays clean much longer after that. A friend did that, but he drag raced one of his enemies and ruined his engine. I warned him to drive easy.
        put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
        79 F (Blueballs)
        79 SF (Redbutt)
        81 LH (organ donor)
        79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
        76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
        rover has spoken

Comment

Working...
        X