speedo bandito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo bandito

Okay when i bought the bike last fall i tried using the trip OD. well in the ride around the block it cranked up a few hundred miles. Tried resetting it on a few other trips and same thing, so i figure the trip is not working and never reset it again. The other day i was out and about and stopped and talked to someone i knew adn was leaning on the handle bars and noticed the clutch cable hitting the reset knob of the trip OD. So the vibrations of the clutch cable were throwing off the trip OD so I just tied it back a little and it keeps great milage know.
    There is a VERY fine line between "hobby" and "mental Illness"
    I don't own a classic I RIDE one

Brad Norton
    Kearney, Ne

Photojournalist
    Hobbies-Family
    rock and tree climbing, rescue ropes, firefighter, Boy Scouts leader, metal detecting and camping

age 49

1980 XS1100SG Special- My very first bike!!!

Doh! Sometimes it's the simplest thing! I do like easy fixes though.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

You can actually run the cable through the head with the other cables, it was in a TSB from Yamaha back in the day.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Lol...

Ivan saw the title of this thread and thought someone was calling him.

Comment

I had that happen with my SG. The clutch cable would rub the knob and it
          would mess up the tripometer. I even bought a 160 speedo off ebay thinking
          my speedo was broken . I finally figured it out after watching it and holding the cable away from the knob while riding.
          80 SG XS1100
          14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Remembering that I live in Kalifornia, I started to picture things I didn't want to when I saw the title of this thread.

I was incredibly relieved to actually read the first post and see that it wasn't about one or more of the members and a small swimming suit.
            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

yes, many of us have seen the speedo thread you refer to...

i had to find some firewater to wash that image out of my head......
              i had nightmares for a week...

sorry ivan.
              1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
              1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Working...
              X