Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever accessed XS11.com on a mobile device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever accessed XS11.com on a mobile device?

Using a Kindle to make thispost. A little slow, but faster thane my morse code! *rolleyes* Cant get to the smilies though.
    TC, need to make this more mobile friendly
    yes
    77.67%
    no
    22.33%
    I'm confused
    0.00%
    1978 Yamaha XS 1100E "Monster" 2010-2012
    2004 RCM-50GL 2008-2010, Don't ask, don't tell (don't really know)

Tried on my Blackberry once Think I could have swum the Pacific and chiselled it in stone quicker.
    1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
    2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

I had to use my I Phone when I had trouble accessing from my desk top. Other than having sausages for fingers or so it seemed it was difficult to click on the right category and I had to tap on the screen to enlarge anything I wanted to read. It was a pain in the rear but I appreciated being able to access the site.
      BDF Special
      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
      Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

All the time. Even right now..
        T-mobile 3g, G1 phone. The integrated keyboard makes data entry easy..

Comment

I used my Palm Pre, and I thought it worked well. I was at home, so I would have been connected by WiFi. I was really glad to see it work... good to know I'll have mobile support when I'm ready for my cross country adventure
          '80 SG with motor from a '82 XJ

Comment

iPod Touch. Is great when I am looking at pictures of parts. Put it in a ziplock bag to keep the grease from fouling it. and keep it away from falling parts or flying tools.
            Sam Christensen
            The Chronicles of my Rebuild http://xs1100rebuild.blogspot.com

--------------------------------------------------------
            If you are leading and no one is following, maybe your just taking a walk.

Currently bikeless. Sold my 1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

I occasionally use my Windows phone to access the site. Never really had any problems with it.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

I use my Htc droid when I'm out and about and want to look something up. I haven't figured out how to enlarge the screen yet like tinman does but I'll figure it out. Really want to teach Crazy George new tricks with fixing the trans while it sits in the bike.
                68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                79 special (skull bike)
                79 special (parts bike w/title)
                79 special
                80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                81 650 maxim
                81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                01 Gz 250

Comment

Do it all the time. More so than on the laptop to be honest. You can usually tell from the random spelling errors and extra letters added in on the mobi postings. IIRC I was even accused of being drunk once from feverishly typing out a reply on my Pherengi Tricorder. BTW its on the United Federation of Planets subspace hyperwave network that uses tachyon beam data transfer so it gets there before it's actually sent.

PS. the secret to smileys is to learn their names and enter them in. Just pay attention on the desktop, and you'll get it quick enough.
                  Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

droid

I use my motor Droid all the time
                    91 kwaka kz1000p
                    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

iPhone. no problems. I put my fingers on a diet....

No more fat fingers!

John in San Antonio
                      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

While it's not blazing fast, I use my BB Storm on a regular basis if I don't have access via laptop (if I have the laptop with me in the field somewhere I just use the BB as a modem). It works well enough for posting while I'm on a ride, but I'm looking forward to the expected new browser based on webkit that's supposed to be coming since RIM bought that browser maker (can you think of any other reason for them to have bought them?).
                        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                        Vetter Windjammer IV
                        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                        OEM Luggage Rack
                        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                        Spade Fuse Box
                        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                        750 FD Mod
                        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I use my Blackberry Bold often. works great
                          1980 Midnight Special Its so fast it blew the gold right off
                          mikes xs green monster coils, ss brake lines,
                          Previous Bike
                          1973 XS650

Comment

Does anyone else find it weird?

that a list devoted to the care and maintenance of 30 year old motorcycles should debate which particular newfangled portable gadget they use to access it?
                            Me, I've just gotten used to a phone that has buttons on it instead of a dial.
                            Fred Hill, S'toon
                            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Yes

Use my Palm Pre, works pretty well to get my fix in.
                              1979 XS1100SF (4-1 Kerker, XS Pods, 145 mains, 45 pilots, drag bars, blacked out)

Comment

Working...
                              X