Its gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its gone

well I finally did it traded my 79f for a 2001 suzuki bandits gxf 600s. it needs a little touch up paint and the carbs need a good cleanig but all in all I think I made out like a bandit

it even has three windscreen a manual and a new rear tire
    the hitch is it fires up and idles but if you apply any throttle it dies , must be the pilots this bike sat for a few months
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Nice lookin bike

Comment

OMG, Garth !!

Did you trade that even up?

hitch is it fires up and idles but if you apply any throttle it dies

Sounds like the motor's trashed Better sign onto the Slozuki forum and start postin' ...
      80G Mini-bagger
      VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
      79SF eventually dismantled for parts
      79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
      79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
      79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

even steven

Might need a valve adjustment but these bikes are shimless you just put the right size feeler in there and screw down the adjuster, pulled the carbs last night and cleaned em a bit and will really install tonight
        91 kwaka kz1000p
        Stock

Comment

Holy Smokin' Tires, Garthman !! what did that F look like when you swapped it out for the Bandit? Photos anywhere?

Still got the E?
          80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
          79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

one more time

so installed carbs last night and same problem , stupid owner!! I have do drill out the idle mix caps and clean those I guess I should have figgured it out when I didnt see anything come out of the mix holes on the bike side of the carb

oh yeah and for the wiz who wanted too see a couple of pics
            the 78/80/81

and the 79 I traded
            91 kwaka kz1000p
            Stock

Comment

Cool Garth ...

The E is looking much improved over last year when I moved ... good job. The F doesn't look bad either ... what kind of seat on that F? Have ya stuck SWMBO on the back of that E yet and took her for a scoot ?
              80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

Comment

oh wait ..

That looks like a gel pad ... I see the straps now.
                80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

Comment

trbig

Its one of those wallymart specials, the old lady hasn't been on the bike yet and its been 3 years but she did like my new seat and said she might go for a ride around the block
                  91 kwaka kz1000p
                  Stock

Comment

Well she runs got the carbs all cleans and installed but couldn't get he to run, finally figured out the fuel filter was installed backword and that did the trick like they always say gas air spark. . Runs a little high but a good sync and tune should take care of that
                    91 kwaka kz1000p
                    Stock

Comment

problem solved throttle cables were needing a little adjust , runs awesome
                      91 kwaka kz1000p
                      Stock

Comment

steal...

you lucky (&*()^$%&$..

But congrats on the new wheels.

sharp looking bike.

gotta love PO's, many poeple just have no idea.......

happy riding!!
                        1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.

2012 FJR1300 Gen 2. Heli bar risers, R-gaza crash bars, mccruise cruise control.

(2)2008 WR250R. Because kids outgrew others.

2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000. (Just added 2024) pre-crashed.

1975 Kawasaki S1 250. My first bike. Still have it. NO I'm not selling it!!

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Working...
                        X