Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feedback on the new forum

Just a personal note:
    I get up at 4 am to go to work. Just before leaving I get my Email and transfer it to my PDA and read it at work as time allows. I get home and have 4 kids 11 years and under that get my attention. I try to get to bed by 9 pm. Digest mode is the only practical way for me to stay in touch with you people and the wealth of information you have collected (the archives). With the new forum I only get alerted if someone responds to my posts, nothing to tell me when something new has been brought up that I previously didn't know about (a thread on the spooge hole clued me in to a spot the maintaince section, I would had missed it up till then and could have given-up on the bike or died in an accident).
    The new forum looks nice but the yahoo group is what works for me. I'll learn to adjust and hope I don't miss anything important

Y'all have a nice day
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Hi Pat

Pat,

Thanks for the input, and your willingness to flow with the upgrade.

There is a link on the top right of the main page that says "get new posts",

It gives you a list of the places new posts have occurred sinde your last visit.. That is how I check in when heading out the door (like now ) (I'm a single parent of 3 all under 12)

I'm also still learning this format, I am growing to really like the flexibility it does have.

Ride Safe!
    jeff "Wags"
    Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
    79sf rusty
    79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

The format is a good one IMHO, its much like the "Bass on the Net " I joined a couple years ago,,very good for going after what you want,,,,,and I just learned about the check new posts button,thanx,,,,,all the maintenance is setup in a seperate place,it looks like every body's interests would be covered here,,,,no complaints,,,,,good work.
      Ken Krieger
      Chesterfield, Va.
      81 XS1100SH - Radar Rider
      82 XJ1100J - Black and Blue
      82 XJ1100J - Bucket o Bolts
      79 XS1100SF - Road Raider
      1980 XS1100 - Frankenbike
      85 XJ700 Maxim
      06 VMax - Black Max
      85 650 Nighthawk

Comment

Greetings all,
        As you stated, I too enjoyed the digest mode of the posts. Also, as stated, I will learn to adapt.
        Personally, I had my P.C. for three years before ever subscribing to the "net". Shoot, I still call on the help of my two teenage children to help me out of a jam when using the P.C.! LOL
        The point is: We all learn from each other. I guess that is what any group with a common interest is about.
        I'm no fool; in 1982 I obtained my degree in Mining Engineering. OTOH, I can learn from anyone and hope to never be too old to learn something new.
        I feel that this is the reason we're here: To learn and to keep our bikes running well.
        May we all ride safe and have many happy miles.
        Personal Note: We all make mistakes and I don't need post after post concerning spelling errors. But, if I'm wrenching on my bike and make an error ----- PLEASE correct me quick!
        Greg C.
        1980 XS1100-G
        1979 XL250-S

Comment

Working...
        X