I Found a road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Found a road

On an excursion today I found a road worth riding twice in a row.
    It is 60km long, full of long curves, hills and blind corners. It is a relatively restricted access road through the forest. Posted limit is 80kph but is alot more interesting at 120kph. VERY little traffic and I have not seen a cop on it yet.
    I rode up the road at 100kph to check it out and had so much fun I turned around and rode it back at 120-140kph. I went by a couple of Harley rocking chairs at twice the speed they were doing. I was enjoying it so much I overran my main tank and had to switch to reserve on the fly when it started sputtering.
    Round trip from here was about 220k. I'd be willing to share it with anyone who comes up this way.
    What a great day.
    BDF
    I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Is the Jame's Bay Highway still a private (non-patrolled) road?

It was supposed to be pretty fun.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

James Bay Road

Yep Craz, it's still there and there is no need to patrol it. Just sign in and you are on your way.
      With the exception of top end testing, it's straight line "uninteresting and unscenic." according to reviews. The first fuel stop is almost 400km into the 600km+ ride. No towns, no cell signal. Bring along some matches for a signal fire if something goes wrong. Pack a lunch just in case.
      Although the bragging rights might be worth it....um....
      If you decide to give it a try, let me know.
      BDF

Comment

[QUOTE=Big Daddy Funk;272486]On an excursion today I found a road worth riding twice in a row.
        It is 60km long, full of long curves, hills and blind corners. It is a relatively restricted access road through the forest. Posted limit is 80kph but is alot more interesting at 120kph. VERY little traffic and I have not seen a cop on it yet.

What out for bo-winkle his body stopping radar is more surprising than the OPP!

Sounds good Rick will be up soon after the black fly season .That would be the last place to run out of gas or have some trouble when those critters are on the hunt haha!
        BDF Special
        80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
        Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Funk View Post
          Yep Craz, it's still there and there is no need to patrol it. Just sign in and you are on your way.
          With the exception of top end testing, it's straight line "uninteresting and unscenic." according to reviews. The first fuel stop is almost 400km into the 600km+ ride. No towns, no cell signal. Bring along some matches for a signal fire if something goes wrong. Pack a lunch just in case.
          Although the bragging rights might be worth it....um....
          If you decide to give it a try, let me know.
          BDF
          Before I moved to Nevada I was planning a run on James Bay road with some fellow riders. They do a long ride "somewhere" every year, this was going to be my first long trip with them but I can't make it from nevada. It was just to say we did it. I'm still hoping to do Alaska with them in 2012.
          1979 xs1100 Special -
          Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
          Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
          My Bike:
          [link is broken]

Comment

Yes, it's for the ones that want to see what it is like to runflat out, for some distances, w/o the fear of cops.

It would probably kill any of these guys dreams of building a superbike out of an XS! Especially, if they take any modern rockets wih them.
            Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
            '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Bugs

The blackflies are out hot and heavy in Huntsville, so they should be out here soon. It drops below freezing here at night so thats probably holding them back for now.
              As for Rocky and Bullwinkle, they came out of the closet and are living on Church St in Toronto.
              BDF

Comment

Great news - isn't living up north fun? I got an idea of the road your talkin' about, think I've been on it - I'll ask you in person when I see ya - Dan
                '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
                1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
                Rebuilt head, valves
                TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
                Tkat Fork Brace
                T.C. Spade Fuse Box
                Dyna Coils & wires
                Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
                ISO grips with stelleto ends
                4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
                Bridgestone Spitfires
                Tuned by Tinman905
                & a will to keep it.

Comment

Working...
                X