exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust question

I know this is an old and surely tired subject/question ... but anyway ... anyone know where or who has a header for a standard either new or used?
    80G Mini-bagger
    VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
    79SF eventually dismantled for parts
    79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
    79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
    79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Hi Wiz...The only manufacturer still making exhausts for our bikes is MAC...everything else here is used...There is a guy on XJBikes.com whose screenname is Chacal... (name is Len) he has all kinds of parts for all XJs' including new MAC exhausts. Of course you can check ebay and CL too. I recently bought a used MAC exhaust on ebay for $220.I also bought a Supertrapp muffler that I will attach inplace of the MAC can.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thank you, my friend. I knew that MAC was the only remaining US mfgr. of the exhaust systems we use.

Before posting this question, I searched all the common sources that came to mind and even called a few new ones that found in a search and I hadn't heard of heretofore ... NADA ... everyone OUT! One distributor told me for more than a year.

Yesterday I called MAC in Temecula, (my former hometown) and, much to my astonishment someone actually answered. "Oh yeah, we got um ... wait ... we're out of stock" was the final outcome. Now one distributor claimed they were expecting MAC systems on 5/5 ... lol ... but the girl at MAC said it would be another month to six weeks ... hmmmm ... that sounded like a 'pat' response anyway ... soooo ... that's why I posted up.

XJbikes.com and Chacal are new to me so, I REALLY appreciate the lead and I'll run it down right away ... thanks again, brother ...that's exactly what I was hoping to learn.
      80G Mini-bagger
      VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
      79SF eventually dismantled for parts
      79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
      79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
      79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

My pleasure...Good luck hunting it down...it is out there...timing... Oh I forgot...the guys email is...
        info@xj4ever.com
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

To bad you need a standard, I should have a mix and match set for a special by this weekend available. One side is going to be pristine, the left side, right side not as nice from another bike. But between them they will be complete set.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Working...
          X