Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacifico

""

The "New Mouth to Feed" came with the Pacifico fairing.
    When I opened the side compartments, there was nothing but wires and inner fairing surfaces. I assume there should be something similar to my Vetter (some class of pocket), but don't know what and how it was attached.
    Any suggestions? Is it some kind of crap cardboard or plastic liner?

One other thing: No key for the left side. I drilled out the lock and can replace it easily, but I dan't think having separate keys is quite the thing.

The locks I can get at Ace-is-the-place, but has anyone tried match up the cylinders to one key?

Oh, has anyone got a lid to the hardbag? The chrome is really rough, I may have to 86 them.
    XS1100SF
    XS1100F

mine too

Mine has no pockets either just like you say, also those lids are hard to come by, with 2latches they can fly off real easy
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Mine has no liner either, i wondered about that too. My bags have the latch in the centre with an ouside hinge so less likely to fly off. Try a locksmith to see if he can "key alike" your existing locks.
      Having had a problem with location of TDI box I notice yours is not attached to the inner fender. Where is it located? We ended up using the tool box after cutting holes in it. The toolbox not the TDI
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

My fairing is the same, no compartment. I just cram stuff in since you can practically reach all the way around the thing.

As to my saddlebag lids, this is what someone did, later modified by me, to keep the lids from getting lost should they fly off.

If anyone has a source for those latches, I'm missing the top half of one. Or if they have a lid...I don't care if it is matching in color...the bike's name is "Monster" for a reason.
        1978 Yamaha XS 1100E "Monster" 2010-2012
        2004 RCM-50GL 2008-2010, Don't ask, don't tell (don't really know)

Comment

Originally posted by oseaghdha View Post
          I assume there should be something similar to my Vetter (some class of pocket),
          Even the Vetter only has a soft "pocket" on the left side. The locking compartment on the right is open just like the Pacifico. No real need for a liner anyway, as the vents in the front of the fairing allow you to use the space to carry stuff without it getting too nasty in there.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by draketrumpet View Post
            If anyone has a source for those latches, I'm missing the top half of one. Or if they have a lid...I don't care if it is matching in color...the bike's name is "Monster" for a reason.
            Here you go, I just ordered four of these from XCase in Mississippi: http://cgi.ebay.com/ATA-Trunk-Medium...-/220284038736. They look like exact replacements for the old ones with no keys on my saddlebags.

McMaster-Carr sells them, too, and so do Sugatsune but they're more expensive than the XCase latches. You can find just the strike plate if you do a little more searching for "draw latch" but I can't find the page now.

Regards,

Scott
            -- Scott
            _____
            ♬
            2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
            ♬

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post

Having had a problem with location of TDI box I notice yours is not attached to the inner fender. Where is it located? We ended up using the tool box after cutting holes in it. The toolbox not the TDI
              My TDI box is mounted to the chrome part of the fender. It sits under the seat cowling.
              XS1100SF
              XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by oseaghdha View Post
                My TDI box is mounted to the chrome part of the fender. It sits under the seat cowling.
                I could see enough space to do that but the wires were not long enough on mine. Hence the tool box modification.
                Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Hi There all-Lookin for 1 pacifico top!

Well I must say, that addition to your saddlebag lid with a cord is a great Idea! 2 years ago one of my lids flew off , and by the time I could get back to her someone had to swerve to destroy it. This is my first post. I have either a 1970 (I believe) or 1980 royal blue xs1100 with the full tour package (less the helmet case). I was wondering if anyone might know of someone selling a pacifico lid? I could find someone to fiberglass it I suppose, but I would like her to be a fully in tact version. Also, how do you post your pictures to the forum? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike, Lancaster Pennsylvania

Comment

See

this post for picture posting:
                    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7387
                    1978 Yamaha XS 1100E "Monster" 2010-2012
                    2004 RCM-50GL 2008-2010, Don't ask, don't tell (don't really know)

Comment

Originally posted by 1MIKE PA View Post
                      This is my first post. I have either a 1970 (I believe) or 1980 royal blue xs1100 with the full tour package (less the helmet case).
                      Well, since the XS1100 was only made in '78-'81, you definitely DON'T have a '70. Check your serial number against the list in this thread to figure out what you have.

By "helmet case", I assume you mean the Trunk? These bikes have a helmet lock on the left side, just below the seat. That allows you to secure the helmet, and not waste valuable trunk space.
                      1980 XS850SG - Sold
                      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                      -H. Ford

Comment

The trick to not losing the bag lid is to always keep the front latch locked and to remove the lid from the bag by lifting the rear of the lid and sliding the lip of the latch out from under the catch ring, that prevents you from forgetting to latch the front latch which is the most common cause of the lid flying off on the highway. Also you can buy keyed alike locks for the compartment lids at any good locksmith shop, If they don't have them in stock they can order them for you, If it was me I would upgrade to the ones with a double sided key or an Ace barrel key for more security.
                        Fastmover
                        "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                        lion". SHL
                        78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
                        X