Can't access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't access

Can someone tell me why I cannot access the site using my desk top. I am using my I phone and have no problem. I was reading a thread and click to move onto another page and I was disconnected from the site. I don't have a problem accessing any other web site. I am using Firefox.
    BDF Special
    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

No idea. I keep getting "database error" and warnings about threads not existing but I'm still reading the threads from a "New Posts" search.

If it bombs when I post this or when I finish the "New Posts"....

Regards,

Scott
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Big Daddy Funk just informed me he has the same problem.
      BDF Special
      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.

Comment

Thanks for all your help T.C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        BDF Special

Comment

Possibly you don't have Javascript enabled? I use FF and have no problems.
          80G Mini-bagger
          VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
          79SF eventually dismantled for parts
          79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
          79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
          79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

I am using the same but I can access the site using explore either. I have been on the phone for a good 30 mins with the ISP technician and have done everything they know and still a no go. They enter my ip address and some other settings from their end and can access the site fine so there is no problem with my ISP. I can access the site using a link T.C. sent me .http://freeproxyserver.net/ . This is a mystery as XS11.com is the only site I cannot reach using my home desk top.
            BDF Special

Comment

Originally posted by tinman905 View Post
              This is a mystery as XS11.com is the only site I cannot reach using my home desk top.
              XS11.com may have been added accidentally to a list of blocked sites. Do you use any ad blocking software, parental controls or a third-party firewall?

Regards,

Scott
              -- Scott
              _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                XS11.com may have been added accidentally to a list of blocked sites. Do you use any ad blocking software, parental controls or a third-party firewall?

Regards,

Scott
                No,and so far we have looked into everything possible .
                BDF Special

Comment

Sabotaged ?

Originally posted by thewiz View Post
                  Possibly you don't have Javascript enabled? I use FF and have no problems.
                  Possibly blocked internally? Might want to check this out with little lady? or the kids? umm........I wonder........
                  I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Originally posted by tinman905 View Post
                    No,and so far we have looked into everything possible .
                    Okay, I'll just sit here and be quiet and hope you get it fixed. Connection problems suck and they're hard to troubleshoot remotely.

Regards,

Scott
                    -- Scott
                    _____

Comment

The \"techies\" from Rogers cable had me click on and off so many things on my computer over the last few days that I had no idea was there. They have called 3 times with 3 so called experts and still I can\'t reach the site. Thanks for the help guys.
                      I am just baffled how this could happen while I was online reading a thread. I think it\'s a good enough reason for a new computer.
                      BDF Special

Comment

You know, I had a similar issue for a while. I could access the site from anywhere but my home router. If I hooked my cable modem directly to my computer it worked fine, but through the router I could ge to any other site but this one.

I had to clone my router to get it to work, after a month or two that stopped working, so I switched back to normal setup and that has worked ever since.
                        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                        93 GSX600F
                        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                        81 XS1100 Special
                        81 CB750 C
                        80 CB750 C
                        78 XS750

Comment

I think my work blocked the sight. Everything was fine one day and the next it wouldnt load. SUX
                          '79 XS11 F
                          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                            You know, I had a similar issue for a while. I could access the site from anywhere but my home router. If I hooked my cable modem directly to my computer it worked fine, but through the router I could ge to any other site but this one.

I had to clone my router to get it to work, after a month or two that stopped working, so I switched back to normal setup and that has worked ever since.
                            I have my computer connected directly to my cable modem and being my home computer I haven\'t block the site and double checked that two times. I will have to continue access the site through the link T.C. Why that link works is beyond me .
                            BDF Special

Comment

Hmmm ... WMarshy gave me an ..

idea. I know a guy who works for a big-ass 2x4 and hardware company in their corporate offices WHO is responsible for internet security. He keeps lists of people that log onto unauthorized websites and could easily block them (and does) if he wanted. So it happens.

Try a proxy ... like www.codediaries.com and see if you can get on through it. If you can, that will tell us something.
                              80G Mini-bagger
                              VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
                              79SF eventually dismantled for parts
                              79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
                              79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
                              79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Working...
                              X