Thank you Kat and John!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trbig View Post
    They would have been thrown back... full.
    Full of WHAT?

Comment

Big ditto on the thanks to John and Kat for dealing with this event. Big thanks to those that fronted parts to get me and my rig home.

Seemed to have developed some scary electrical problems on the way home, hitting the turn signals would kill the engine, only at speed, using them at idle caused no problems, quit using them, would lose all power sometimes if I let it go down to idle, friggen with the main fuse would bring it back to life but it was embarassing when it would die at stop lights. SOOOOOO, soon as I get all the oil washed off of it, I will be diggin into the electrical system (you know, stuff like replaceing the OEM fuse box), checking, replaceing connectors and stuff like that.

FYI for those who were not there, lost a cam plug, rode it about 5 miles back to Johns house, puking oil like the Exxon Valdez. Saturday night, one of the pick-up coils gave it up, leaving me with a 2cyl to 4 back to 2 cyl. (try that on a wet street when your taching 5k with two cylinders and the other two decide to lite off). Best place I could think of to have these problems would be MOM site.
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150 View Post
        Big ditto on the thanks to John and Kat for dealing with this event. Big thanks to those that fronted parts to get me and my rig home.

Seemed to have developed some scary electrical problems on the way home, hitting the turn signals would kill the engine, only at speed, using them at idle caused no problems, quit using them, would lose all power sometimes if I let it go down to idle, friggen with the main fuse would bring it back to life but it was embarassing when it would die at stop lights. SOOOOOO, soon as I get all the oil washed off of it, I will be diggin into the electrical system (you know, stuff like replaceing the OEM fuse box), checking, replaceing connectors and stuff like that.

FYI for those who were not there, lost a cam plug, rode it about 5 miles back to Johns house, puking oil like the Exxon Valdez. Saturday night, one of the pick-up coils gave it up, leaving me with a 2cyl to 4 back to 2 cyl. (try that on a wet street when your taching 5k with two cylinders and the other two decide to lite off). Best place I could think of to have these problems would be MOM site.
        Sounds like you may have pinched a wire somewhere in the process of R & R ing the valve cover. You'll figure it out.

Beautiful bike man!

Glad you made it home safe and it was great to meet you Keoki.

Comment

Still waiting for those pictures! It's been a week now, c'mon!
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Who took the pics?
            '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
            Original except:
            120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
            4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
            Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
            All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
            Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

I would think Jeremy with his assortment of spy cams.
              Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                Still waiting for those pictures! It's been a week now, c'mon!
                Yeah well... John's been on vacation... and I had better things to do... well... one better thing to do...

We are now out of town at a wedding... I'll try to get them posted Monday or so...

and I don't really think anyone wants the pics Pup took with his spy camera shown here...
                lol
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

Yeah, mostly upskirt shots of Ivan.

Tod
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Better late than never

MoM 2010 write up and pics
                    81 SH Something Special
                    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                    X