Thank you Kat and John!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Kat and John!

For members who do not know this, Kat and John have once again opened their home to fellow XSer's for the MOM meet. Even though we had almost continuous rain all weekend quite a crowd showed up to partake of their generosity. In addition to being incredible host and hostess, the knowledge freely given by these two wonderful people helped fellow members considerably. The BBQ was terrific and despite the rain all had a good time. We missed Tod and others who could not make it but the turnout was very good. I met a number of members I had not met before and enjoyed everyone’s company. The jawboning alone was worth the trip.

Thanks again Kat and John
    '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
    Original except:
    120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
    4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
    Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
    All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
    Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

BTW Kat

I would love to see a list of all the members that showed up as I was there for such a short time.
    Original except:
    120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
    4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines

Big John

Comment

Heck yea!!

It was really great meeting you.....................and your cigar Big John.

I had really great time even though I did haul my bike 300 mile just to watch rain fall on it for 2 days.....LOL

What the h3ll was that you rode there, a Volkswagen or was it a Toyota? Of course I'm one to talk, but in my defense I had more than 1 bike to bring down.

Glad to see draketrumpet get his bike ALMOST straightened out.

A great big THANKS to John and Kat for a great weekend. I had a great time...........I think?

Hope I didn't piss anyone off too much............you know me.

Next year I think we need to hold a riding safety class especially for Ivan and Tod. LOL

Hope your feeling better Ivan...........keep takin' the meds He he

Comment

Greg

That's a Baja Turbo (Subaru). It's a good thing I didn't have my bike ready cause I really didn't want to embarass the rest of ya'll. Nevertheless, it was great meeting and jawing with everyone! Sure would have been nice if it had been sunny but we had VERY good company! Plenty o' drink and those ribs John whipped up were terrific. Hope the ride back was not too bad.
        Original except:

Big John

Comment

Again, Kudo's to Kat & John for having us! Food was Awsome!

It was good to meet ya'll as well!
          Got a few things done, but that rain kept us in close quarters.
          Sorry we couldn't get to your clutch Greg.

Austin and I rode south 50mi in the rain until it finally stopped. He peeled off at Waco, I took the last 170mi leg solo. Got in around 2:30am or so.
          Richard

Comment

Yessirree....

A big thanks especially to John and Kat for the house, tools, food, etc.

Another big thanks to the rest of ya. Greg for the trailer, even if my bike almost fell off. Richard and Kioki (I hope I got that right) for knowing how to do everything and helping me learn how. Everyone else for whatever else you did, even if it was just show up and say hi. Completely awesome.

If I ever get a house with a garage after I graduate, I hope to "pay it forward" to all the xsives that are still around...but SWMBO says no beer, sorry. There'll be plenty of root beer though.

Glad everyone's getting home safe. CBug was going to be chasing the storm all the way home, so if anyone has an extra blow dryer, send it to him. He'll still need it by the time it gets there after this ride. Oh, and his beer can muffler eventually broke, so he sounds like a hardley again .
            1978 Yamaha XS 1100E "Monster" 2010-2012
            2004 RCM-50GL 2008-2010, Don't ask, don't tell (don't really know)

Comment

Originally posted by rpgoerlich View Post
              Again, Kudo's to Kat & John for having us! Food was Awsome!

It was good to meet ya'll as well!
              Got a few things done, but that rain kept us in close quarters.
              Sorry we couldn't get to your clutch Greg.

Austin and I rode south 50mi in the rain until it finally stopped. He peeled off at Waco, I took the last 170mi leg solo. Got in around 2:30am or so.
              Ain't no thing about the clutch richard, I can do that myself. Tod had just offered to do it and I was going to watch and throw beer cans at him while he was doing it..................pussy didn't show.................LOL.

Great to meet you Richard, Glad you made it home safe.

Comment

Originally posted by draketrumpet View Post
                Another big thanks to the rest of ya. Greg for the trailer, even if my bike almost fell off.
                No problem Bro', any time.

BTW......I still have your tie downs in my Blazer..........................even the one that BROKE!!!!!

LOL..........

Comment

I was going to watch and throw beer cans at him while he was doing it
                  They would have been thrown back... full.

I hope to "pay it forward" to all the xsives that are still around...but SWMBO says no beer, sorry.
                  LOL.. Sounds like a recipe for no visitors to me..

Tod
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                    LOL.. Sounds like a recipe for no visitors to me..
                    I'll just have to compensate with an awesome garage and irresistible tools
                    1978 Yamaha XS 1100E "Monster" 2010-2012
                    2004 RCM-50GL 2008-2010, Don't ask, don't tell (don't really know)

Comment

Damn Tod, you know neither one of us can pass up a rootbeer float. If its free rootbeer and all we gotta do is bring six or ten gallons of ice cream, its a helluva deal. Well, ok. Maybe you can pass one up, but I am addicted to the sissy drinks.

BTW Draketrumpet, wine in a box works as well as beer, if its a matter of taste, but if its the HOOCH at the end of the molecular structure notation, rootbeer works for me. Do you home brew the rootbeer?

I am going to throw in a really big thanks to John and Kat too. They made me feel welcome.... and not so much of a dumbass for dumping the scoot. Kat even rode it home for me and John set up a jump pass on the airline to get her home. They didn't even point and laugh. While I was there I got to scope out John's Voyager and Kats FJ. Even got to see John's extra titanium parts left over from his surgery. Was pretty cool. hehe. Had an excellent time meeting everyone.

I had a fantastic time. Thanks!
                      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

hey

You might get lucky as some SWMBOs get mellow over the years especially after meeting some of your Buds. Then again, maybe not.

Hope everyone made it back OK.
                        Original except:

Big John

Comment

It really was a great event, and a wonderful time was had by all. The food was incredible, and I'm glad I got to watch and learn as everyone ELSE worked on bikes! I really look forward to doing this again.

I rode through Tulsa in the rain, then it seemed to let up. I managed to dry out almost all the way by the time I made it to St. Louis. My waterproof boots were still soaking wet though... The beer can disintegrated by the time we reached Oklahoma, and I got looks from the cattle grazing along the freeway, because even THEY don't like listening to the sound of a hardley going by!

As for the no-beer rule, I would imagine it would be difficult to prevent a BYOB from happening! All the fuel and oil fumes definitely overpower the beer smell.

Thanks Kat and John! We all appreciate the sacrifice that you made to make this last weekend a success.
                          1980 XS850SG - Sold
                          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                          -H. Ford

Comment

Pictures, Pictures!!

Where are the pictures of this event??
                            1980G Standard, Restored
                            Kerker 4 - 1
                            850 Rear End Mod
                            2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                            Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                            Automatic CCT
                            1980GH Special, Restored
                            Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                            Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Haven't loaded the pics just yet but will get around to that pretty soon... I'm pretty anxious myself since some of the guys went above and beyond and gave me a gift that I will treasure always and I would love to share pics of it...
                              Thanks guys... You just have no idea what that really means to me...

What a great weekend! Got the bad stuff out of the way quickly... Ivan, we appreciate you taking that bullet for us...

and the rain wasn't too bad on Saturday, at least the work was done without anyone getting soaked... by rain anyway... oil, was another story...

As for the guest list...

John
                              webbcraft2150
                              XSokieSPECIAL
                              draketrumpet
                              rpgoerlich
                              kirmit77
                              CatatonicBug
                              Ivan
                              Bigfoot
                              Russ79 and his lovely wife, Jenna
                              Montreux_Blue
                              Wildkat
                              jmnjrpa

If I've left anyone off... my utmost apologies... I can add you in when my brain starts working again...

Thanks to everyone for braving the weather and coming down to make this weekend really awesome
                              Last edited by Wildkat; 04-19-2010, 04:45 PM.
                              81 SH Something Special
                              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                              X