Guru at last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guru at last!

Well just hit 1000, I've heard something about 1100 virgins when you hit guru status but I was wondering if I can trade mine for a virgin 1100? I've got enough mouths to feed already.

Without you guys here I'd have never even bought my first xs, and it would probably have ended up in the junk yard. Now I've got two and looking for a third to butcher into a minimalist cafe racer. Thanks to all and I hope my 1000 posts have helped someone, so that I've given at least a little back to the community.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Good for you! This place IS amazing, and incredibly addictive. It does make you feel good to know that you've saved at least one of these machines from the scrap heap.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by psycoreefer View Post
      Well just hit 1000, I've heard something about 1100 virgins when you hit guru status but I was wondering if I can trade mine for a virgin 1100? I've got enough mouths to feed already.

Without you guys here I'd have never even bought my first xs, and it would probably have ended up in the junk yard. Now I've got two and looking for a third to butcher into a minimalist cafe racer. Thanks to all and I hope my 1000 posts have helped someone, so that I've given at least a little back to the community.
      Well there goes the club! Having seen your ride I would agree with the Guru status, but now the exclusivity is gone, we are actually getting some who know something.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Congrats, Psycoreefer!

I can tell ya this.... last week when I hit the big "G" level myself...

The 1100 'virgins' subject was mentioned... then quickly dashed when Greg asked, "Who said they'd be women?" Soooo... you might want to be more specific when you start talking about 'virgins'.... ya might just get more than ya bargained for...

(Also, just read a great joke about 72 Virginians.... pretty funny. )

JAT....
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
          Congrats, Psycoreefer!

I can tell ya this.... last week when I hit the big "G" level myself...

The 1100 'virgins' subject was mentioned... then quickly dashed when Greg asked, "Who said they'd be women?" Soooo... you might want to be more specific when you start talking about 'virgins'.... ya might just get more than ya bargained for...

(Also, just read a great joke about 72 Virginians.... pretty funny. )

JAT....
          As Achmed (the dead terrorist) said, "I can have Clay Aiken!"
          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
          Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
          Spade Fuse Box
          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
          750 FD Mod
          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

All hail the guru!!!

hey there psychoreefer....congrats on the upgrade.....just made 500 myself and feel d*mn proud to make that.....looking forward to your upgrade....sometime in the future....btw, i think i can explain the virgin thang.....

i know we have chatted and i have gotten very good advice from you in the past.....knowledge will keep the beast alive....pass that one along to your kids and see what they do with it.....as far as the guru status goes.....here we are.....

here's to the next 1000....ride hard, ride safe...ross
            rebel devil
            1979 xs 1100f standard
            authenic historical vehicle
            42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
            "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
            "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
            "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
            '96 venture cct.....installed!
            stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
            i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
              as achmed (the dead terrorist) said, "i can have clay aiken!"
              lmao........SILENCE..............I keel you.......................infidel!!!! :d:d:d

For those who don't know..........................................Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAZisTrw5FU

Comment

Just great.... and I'm probably the only one who's browser won't open the file link, too!

Thanks, Greg....

So, guess I'm still in the dark.... ohhhh welll.....

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
                  Just great.... and I'm probably the only one who's browser won't open the file link, too!

Thanks, Greg....

So, guess I'm still in the dark.... ohhhh welll.....
                  Hey Bob,

Follow This Link to get Adobe Flash Player, it's the REAL site. Just uncheck the TOOLBAR part before you download/install, and then you'll be able to see the video and others that use Flash Player to display them...now that you have your new XP machine!

T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                    Hey Bob,

Follow This Link to get Adobe Flash Player, it's the REAL site. Just uncheck the TOOLBAR part before you download/install, and then you'll be able to see the video and others that use Flash Player to display them...now that you have your new XP machine!

T.C.
                    Thanks TC. Didn't realize that's what I need. Tried to open via your link.... it won't. So, after trying that 4-5 times, I gave up and opened my home page browser...(no problem)... went to Adobe.com... no problem... tried to click on the flash player tab... big problems...

First it said it couldn't because I wasn't connected to the Internet...(bogus)
                    then it tries to build, very slowly... gets to 3 or 4 bars and stalls... all other web pages are working fine... wierd. I'll try again later on.
                    Thanks.

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Working...
                    X