earbuds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• earbuds

I recently got an RCA Lyra mp3 player with 128 mb built in memory. Really neat device. I can get about 60 tunes on there @ 64kbs.
    Anyhow, it came with some "E-Clipz" headphones which sound ok, but are a little bulky, making helmet on/off sorta awkward. Today I bought some cheap Koss brand earbuds (model P4) and was disappointed with their lack of volume. Not even loud enough on my stock bandit, I can forget about using them while riding the XS. They were also pretty awkward with the helmet on, didn't really want to stay in place very well.

Just curious about what phones you guys are using to get good sounds while you ride.

Thanks for any input...
    James Latonick 79sf- "Cygnus", 99 suzuki gsf1200s

If you can't hear it on your stock Bandit, well....

I'll try to find out what my friend uses. He used to have some buds made by a hearing-aid place, fit perfectly. Then he got something else even better, but I don't remember what right now.

But then, 64kbs, are you sure you want to hear that anyway?

How about 30 tunes at 128? Once you can hear it, that is.
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

LOL @ Mike...
      well I had about 25 tunes on there @ 128kbs but that didn't last me long enough to mow the grass, I just needed more music.
      honestly i think the 64kbs is FM quality, most tunes sound pretty good. I suppose I'll end up adding a memory card to the unit, maybe then I'll revisit the sample rate. For now I'm thinking more tunes is better. Of course, I was always the guy buying normal bias cassette tapes while you guys were paying more for high bias...
      James Latonick 79sf- "Cygnus", 99 suzuki gsf1200s

Comment

Get some proper speakers installed in your helmet. Its comfy, safe,... At my old job we used to install them. Used helicopter headset connectors.

LP
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
        X