original seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original seat

I have the origional seat (from the pictures I have seen) for trade. would really like the luggage rack for my bike. I have a vetter trunk and would like the rack to put it on.
    The seat does not have the pan on it as it was swapped and is still on the by PO. Or does someone have a rack to trade sell swap give? Thanks PM or answere here.
    There is a VERY fine line between "hobby" and "mental Illness"
    I don't own a classic I RIDE one

Brad Norton
    Kearney, Ne

Photojournalist
    Hobbies-Family
    rock and tree climbing, rescue ropes, firefighter, Boy Scouts leader, metal detecting and camping

age 49

1980 XS1100SG Special- My very first bike!!!

I just discovered the other day that "original seat" May mean a lot of things. On my 1980 mns, i thought the nice mom and pop seat was installed aftermarket, until i saw on the seat pan, the hose routing for the OCTY. This would lead me to believe that there may have been different seats swapped out at the dealer level. Either way,i love my seat. ORIGINAL? a pic would give someone an idea about whether they wanted it or not.
    1980 XS1100LG Midnight
    1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
    A quick death and an easy one.
    A pretty girl and an honest one.
    A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocknroll90 View Post
      I have the origional seat (from the pictures I have seen) for trade. would really like the luggage rack for my bike. I have a vetter trunk and would like the rack to put it on.
      The seat does not have the pan on it as it was swapped and is still on the by PO. Or does someone have a rack to trade sell swap give? Thanks PM or answer here.
      Hi Brad,
      Presumably the dreaded PO installed a different seat and kept the pan? So what are you sitting on right now? Without the pan, all you got is a seat foam and cover to trade.
      What you can do to support a Vetter trunk is to make a sub-frame that bolts to the grabrail's rear light mounting lugs and under the bolts (may need longer bolts) that hold the grabrail to the fender. It can be rough-looking as it can't be seen when the trunk is bolted to it. The sub-frame should have mounts for the rear light to hold it under the back of the trunk where it can be seen. (Will need to extend the wiring)
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Have king n queen seat on my '81 xs11 special with luggage rack, do u have pics of ur seat? May be willin to trade

Comment

pic coming

PO put the ma and pa style on. I will get a pic of the seat of foam and coving to c if it is orgional.

Thanks

Brad Norton
          Kearney, Ne

Photojournalist
          Hobbies-Family
          rock and tree climbing, rescue ropes, firefighter, Boy Scouts leader, metal detecting and camping

age 49

Comment

Originally posted by Rocknroll90 View Post
            I have a vetter trunk and would like the rack to put it on.
            Do you have the saddlebag bracket too? If you do, I have the Vetter trunk bracket that will attach to the Vetter saddlebag bracket that I'd be willing to sell. It won't attach directly to the bike, so you need the saddlebag bracket for it to work. If you're interested, let me know.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

Hey Rock and Roll. I have one I took off mine, but its been altered by the PO to fit on a standard. I am in Kearney daily if you want to look at it. You can have it if it'll work.
              1980 xs1100 G
              pod filters
              4-1 Kerker exhaust
              mains-120 outer 125 inner fork brace
              850 fd
              schooling from xs1100.com/thanks

Comment

call me

I sent u PM with phone number, Lets ride

Brad Norton
                Kearney, Ne

Photojournalist
                Hobbies-Family

age 49

Comment

Newbie, the seat your talking about was one of many accessories offered by Yamaha. Didn't come on any of the XS's stock. Could be ordered seperately at stealership, as could a tail trunk. Had both at one time...tail trunk still on my bought-new Venturer, ma-pop seat as you call it replaced with a Corbin. Stock Venturer seat still new and in the closet..
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

What a great group of people

I would like to thank whoa5.0 for the back luggage rack. I think this is on of the greatest groups of people around and he proved it thanks again. Lets RIDE soon my new friend!!!!!

Brad Norton
                    Kearney, Ne

Photojournalist
                    Hobbies-Family

age 49

Comment

what's a ma-pop seat?

Inquiring minds want to know....

John in San Antonio
                      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Not a side look but you get the idea..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-...item3efe032640
                        RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Working...
                        X