Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto Retro Illustrated #2 is out!

Hey to all you Elevens out there...

Just a quick note to tell you issue two of Moto Retro is now available. It took a while, but the feedback from subscribers has been unreal. Inside are features on:
    - An 18-pg feature on Kenny Roberts like you've never read before
    - Plus, in KR's own words, what happened at the 75 Indy Mile
    -A 12-pg piece on Yamaha's epic, world-changing DT-1 dual purpose bike
    -Plus, pieces on Honda's SL70, Suzuki's GS1000S, Carlsbad Raceway then and now, colums, readers' back in the day photos and stories and a whole bunch of tasty stuff from dirt/ street and mini culture of the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Single copies are available from me at Mitch@motoretroillustrated, and subs are available the same way or via our website.

Am still collecting bits and pieces of info on the Eleven; will need more help from you folks.

Thanks much!

Mitch Boehm
    www.motoretroillustrated.com

Whoa. Kinda steep at $14 per single copy and $10 by subscription.

Comment

It really is worth it Randy. The magazine its self isn't like your typical throw away mag. This one is made very nicely, heavy bond paper and the cover is thick and glossy. The ink doesn't smear when you hold the pages . Its really made well. And that's just the paper. Like I said in my other post, the atricles are really engaging and well written. I have high hopes for this mag. But I already said all that in the other post.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Ivan:
        Warum hast du mich nicht gefragt? Du sollst mich immer fragen wann du ein Motorrad Frage hast!

What is the story behind the sig?
        Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Moto Retro

You get what you pay for, Randy ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by t71ford View Post
            Ivan:
            Warum hast du mich nicht gefragt? Du sollst mich immer fragen wann du ein Motorrad Frage hast!

What is the story behind the sig?

Well, I think its in a Rammstein song. (Du Hast?) However, my German isn't good enough to understand it all. I figured it was better than "Buch (u has an omlaut, don't know how to key that) Dich" LOL. I have tried and tried over the years to find someone who speaks German to teach me, but fate has conspired against me. The only time I hear it is through movies and music. I know enough to get me in trouble. I figure if I ever get arrested by the Politzei, I will just keep saying "Ist Ihr Tochter achtzehn bitte?" (my spelling stinks too...) or "Ich liebe Dich mein Schatz!" which are both lines from "Top Secret!" Maybe they don't have an insanity defence in Deutschland though...?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
              Well, I think its in a Rammstein song. (Du Hast?) However, my German isn't good enough to understand it all. I figured it was better than "Buch (u has an omlaut, don't know how to key that) Dich" LOL. I have tried and tried over the years to find someone who speaks German to teach me, but fate has conspired against me. The only time I hear it is through movies and music. I know enough to get me in trouble. I figure if I ever get arrested by the Politzei, I will just keep saying "Ist Ihr Tochter achtzehn bitte?" (my spelling stinks too...) or "Ich liebe Dich mein Schatz!" which are both lines from "Top Secret!" Maybe they don't have an insanity defence in Deutschland though...?
              It's close to Du Hast. Your sig (and my Deutsche was never good) is "I did not ask you." Du Hast is actually:
              "Du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt."
              "You have asked me, and I have said nothing,"

The whole song is tough to translate because it's a play on words to German wedding vows.
              Mike C
              Lake Orion, Michigan
              '78 XS1100E

Here I am! Where are you?

Comment

I thought my sig was somewhere in that song. It may not be, but I have heard it somewhere in a song. Oh well....

Waaaaayyyyy off topic. Sorry Mitch.

On topic: Buy it to help support another classic motorcycle lover's addiction!

Comment

Bit the bullet and dropped the cash...And now begins the waiting...
                  '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
                  X