PNW 2003 (reminder)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNW 2003 (reminder)

2 weeks! Looks like we will have good weather (allways a consideration up here).

I look forward to seeing familiar faces and perhaps some new ones.

Check the Rally forum for more information.
    DZ
    Vyger, 'F'
    "The Special", 'SF'
    '08 FJR1300

Two Weeks! Oh hell I forgot all about it!! He He He......Just kidding , I'll be there, all that is stopping me is 2800 miles of interstate!!
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I feel the road calling my name.
      Memories of the last trip are still fresh in my soul, even though that was a year ago.
      Some ask how I can stand to ride all day, I ask how can I NOT ride.
      Comparing similarities and differences as you travel through other parts of our world.
      The bike puts you in touch with the world, hot, cold, rain, bugs, smells.
      People in cars look as you pass and you see their wistfulness as they want to trade rides. Children fasinated at "the motorcycle man". Teens yearning for the freedom and adventure. Adults dreaming of "one day I'll get a bike and do that". Seniors remembering long ago adventures on Indians and Triumphs.
      The call of the road. All your belongings stashed into saddlebags, trunk, backpack, tied to seat. Totally self-sufficient.
      If it breaks, you fix it. When you get tired, you stop. Hungry? What kind of special dish do they serve here?
      Get to a rally and meet the people that helped you get here. Ride together, share the road with brothers. What they ride really doesn't matter, that WE ride is what's important, it's our bond.
      I have a picture in my locker at work of 28 XS/XJ1100's, 2 Bandits, a Goldwing, a KZ900, A Tiger (if I missed someone I apologize). Jasper is standing in the road in front of the long row of bikes. Milling around is my band of brothers and sisters.
      I so want to go the this PNW rally but it won't be.
      I do hope to make the Colorado rally next summer if it comes to be. I hope to see old friends and meet new ones. Admire the thought and inginuity of work done on the bikes. Ride new roads, see new places, go on another adventure.
      I won't be at this rally in body but I WILL be there in spirit. Please each of you do a mile for me.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Pat , I couldn't have explained it !

Hi again Pat, I couln't have explained it 1/2 as well as you just did! Unfortunately I won't be attending Denny's this year, but the sentiment is definately the same!
        I enjoyed meeting everyone last year at Sids and hope to do it again each and every opportunity. To everyone attending, we'll be toasting you all here too!

Ride Safe, and hope to see you again.
        Glen and Janice Gorringe
        Port Alberni, B.C.
        "The worst day riding is still better than the best day working!"
        '81 LH "HoRee Cow"
        '83 XJ "Horse Trade"

Comment

Denny, wish I could make it! My wife is just starting her holidays now, and we have family plans to go camping, etc. on the island. One of these times.....

Phil
          1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Working...
          X