Ahh the first ride of spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh the first ride of spring

Just got the new jardine on the rat rod and blew off a few hours of work. It's about 60 in Pa today so I did a quick 70 mile ride up rt 14 and around the back roads. There is still snow up there but it was a really nice ride.
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Awsome looking maching you have, I like the color. Nice pipe too, just be careful on the RT handers, that Jardine will touch down fairly easy if you didnt already know. First time is always a scare. Show us more, I wanna see the rear and what your doing with the fender.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

This bike has been together for about 3 years now. I have a Truimph bonnie grab bar that may take the place of those silver bars......after the 79 special project and the 79 cafe 1200 are done. So maybe by 2015.
      79 DT 100

Comment

There are more pics in my Member photo album.
        79 DT 100

Comment

We had decent weather here as well and I took advantage of it. I was wondering why it was so wishy washy in the turns though...

remember to check your air pressure before heading out.
          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

How well do you like the 4 into 1 exhaust? I've been thinking about switching to it. Did the muffler come with it or did you buy it seperate?
            "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

I'm holding off until they sweep the roads ... I am however getting ready ...
              Rob
              KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
              1978 XS500E
              1979 XS1100F Restored
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1981 Suzuki GS1100
              1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by jeepsterluv View Post
                How well do you like the 4 into 1 exhaust? I've been thinking about switching to it. Did the muffler come with it or did you buy it seperate?
                I like the 4 to 1 alot, The Jardine that I have, not so much. It all came together, It's been stting in a box for a long time.
                I think Kerker or Supertrap are the ones to look for.
                There was just a good Supertrap thread running. Maybe you could do the same thing with a 4 to 1.
                79 DT 100

Comment

Working...
                X