anybody try the XS Energy Drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody try the XS Energy Drink?

I just saw an advertisement for it on the back of a car...
    Googled the website and it's for real.
    is it any good?

1980 XS1100SG

I haven't tried it but it's good to see you on here. How ya doin out there?
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

XS energy products are Amway distributed. They are more like the 5 hour energy shots. Came out before the 5 hour stuff. Last I was in they had 15 or more flavors. They were tasty, did a real good job of what 5 hour claims to and were very expensive, even at distributor cost.

Root Beer flavored energy drink anyone?
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

More B**l****

Read the ingredient list. All I have ever seen on those drinks is sugar and caffeine.

Comment

I've tried the XS Special drink...same stuff, but the can is half the size of the standard drink....
          Last edited by LoHo; 02-24-2010, 10:54 AM. Reason: misspelled word
          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Originally posted by cueball View Post
            Read the ingredient list. All I have ever seen on those drinks is sugar and caffeine.
            Nah, its all B vitamins. All the XS stuff is actually sugar free. They do have caffiene, but not like most energy drinks. Only about as much as a can of Mt. Dew.

They do, in fact, sell a caffiene free version in limited flavors, Root Beer and Cherry I think. Dunno, been a couple years since I was in. It was actually pretty good stuff, but I couldn't justify the expense. Of course, you're supposed to spend all your free time calling people and getting contacts so you can get other people convinced to sell it too, and do the whole multi level marketing thing, but i was never good with people like that.

Anyway. here's the site: http://www.xsblast.com/

Comment

In one of my many adventures as a garbage man, back when we had to climb out of the cab run up the drive way, dump the can and run it back up, then repeat, one of my customers must have felt bad for me because he gave me a can of the yellow XS stuff the 8oz can. It was alright but nothing i would pay for. Definatly not for what they charge for a can. At that price a guy could support a coke habit I'll stick with the monster energy drinks. Lots of B6, B12, sugar and good old caffine. But its bad for you they say. Screw that. Drink the energy drink then follow with good old water to replace what the caffine sucked out. You'll be fine.
              Tony

78 xs11 aftermarket 4-2 HD mufflers, whats left of it is stock. A work in progress for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by freak_leg View Post
                In one of my many adventures as a garbage man, back when we had to climb out of the cab run up the drive way, dump the can and run it back up, then repeat, one of my customers must have felt bad for me because he gave me a can of the yellow XS stuff the 8oz can. It was alright but nothing i would pay for. Definatly not for what they charge for a can. At that price a guy could support a coke habit I'll stick with the monster energy drinks. Lots of B6, B12, sugar and good old caffine. But its bad for you they say. Screw that. Drink the energy drink then follow with good old water to replace what the caffine sucked out. You'll be fine.
                My Dr suggested Monster drinks to replace the provigil he had me on for the narcolepsy (mild) that goes along with my sleep apnea. Works pretty much as good, he says it's easier on my body than the provigil AND it keeps my kidneys working! I use the low carb version, because I find that the less sugar the better it works. The sugar in the regular stuff almost overrides all the stimulants.

That and being on water pills for blood pressure has me running to dispose of everything I drink quickly anyways.
                Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                Vetter Windjammer IV
                Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                OEM Luggage Rack
                Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                Spade Fuse Box
                Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                750 FD Mod
                TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I sell Xs energy drinks. Yep they have 15 flavors. Cost about 2.30 a can comes in 12 packs. Loaded with B vitamins almost no sugar and only 8 to 10 caloeries depending on the flavor. Most come in a 8 Oz like Redbull but a few come in the 12oz can.
                  68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                  76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                  79 special (skull bike)
                  79 special (parts bike w/title)
                  79 special
                  80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                  81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                  81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                  80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                  81 650 maxim
                  81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                  88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                  01 Gz 250

Comment

used to be partial to the rootbeer and the lemon ones myself. hehe.

Comment

I really like the peach tea Or the Cran/Grape. Usually have a Cran/Grape for breaakfast get me up and going. Great way to start out the day. Ivan if you want any I can get some for you.
                      68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                      76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
                      79 special (skull bike)
                      79 special (parts bike w/title)
                      79 special
                      80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
                      81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
                      81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
                      80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
                      81 650 maxim
                      81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
                      88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                      01 Gz 250

Comment

Working...
                      X