Riding pants question me vs. SWMBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDick View Post
    My wife got me a brand new pair of Joe Rocket riding pants to match my jacket as a Valentines Day/Birthday present. - - - She's bound and determined that you're not supposed to wear pants/jeans with the riding pants. I'm telling her she's wrong. If I go and take them back without her approval to get a bigger size I'll never hear the end of it. - - -
    Hi BigDick,
    you told your wife she was wrong?
    You are already so deep in the soft & brown that swapping the pants for the next size up without permission won't appreciably worsen your condition.
    Seriously though, leather riding pants are most usually worn without jeans.
    But you should take a pair with you to change into as an alternative to sitting through a movie sweating your nuts off inside those leather pants.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
      I've never seen these up close, but it looks from the pic, like those are very low riding on the hips, and would almost require you to have jeans or something underneath so you don't look like a plumber when bent over on the seat. Is it just me, or does it look like thehip straps would hook through some belt loops?

And finally, I would suggest you go get a bigger size.. just because you'll be riding around mostly guys.. and I find it doubtful that anyone wants to see another guy in tight leather pants..

Except maybe Bob here...

Tod

Actually they fit about like jeans do, not too bad. I don't think the straps would go through belt loops, they just tighten the waist fit. The jacket and pants have a zipper that go about 8" across the back OR you can use the big one that goes all the way around the waist. When worn like that the jacket won't ruck up if you happen to end up sliding along some asphalt on your back (also prevents plumber's crack ). They are size 32, my jeans size, I do think i'll go for 34's at least, maybe 36's. I have a size 36 pair of jeans that I'm going to try on over my normal jeans and see how that feels. FWIW The joe rocket website says measure the smallest part of your waist doesn't say anything about wearing pants or not wearing pants.
      Last edited by BigDick; 02-18-2010, 10:13 PM.
      1980 XS11SG
      Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
      Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
      ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

I believe there's something about that wrap-around zipper that makes the suit legal for track use. The mesh pants/jacket I have only have the small zipper in the back, but the solid jacket (same make/model) has the full zipper AND the small zipper, so I can still attach the mesh pants to the solid jacket.

I just rode on the freeway tonight in 30ยบ weather with gym shorts under my mesh pants, and was rather comfy. I can't imagine riding with jeans under them in the summer... Maybe once I take the lowers off the bike and use the highway pegs.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

I wear perferated leather shaps over levies. They are hot durring the summer. I hate to think how hot leather pants over levies would be.

Deny
          1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
          1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

Working...
          X