anyone help me with sympatico and thunderbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone help me with sympatico and thunderbird

I have lost the ability to post /reply on my email thunderbird XP pro 3 I have been able to get some messages but have not been able to send any on my 'puter and on SWMBO's as well after reading the horse exhaust from Bell and talking to someone very far away stating over and over "we dont support thunderbird " I set the account up according to their page and still nothing ,BUT i can send from SWMBO's now ,er ,, sometimes any one have an Idea what I need to do other than get rid of Bell
    and can someone post this on the Plus list for me as well
    thanks
    frustrated
    Jim
    Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
    Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
    and SOXS
    2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Not sure exactly what your issue is, but I did find this link to instructions on setting up Thunderbird. Who is your email provider (gmail, yahoo, MSN, etc.)?
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

You are going to need your:
      email address
      password
      smtp server name, like smtp.cox.central.net
      pop server name, like pop.cox.central.net

Now here's the hitch, sometimes thunderbird doesn't like the URL in anything but the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx format, so you may need to open a command window and ping your servers to resolve the IP address and enter that instead.

I finally just went with gmail, since cox is such a screwy mail server, and they won't let you send email from an ip that is not on their range, I.E. I can't send email from my sprint phone through my cox email address. Gmail is pretty decent, and if you have the email and password, you can set it up to get the email from your other account until you get totally switched. I can still get email on my cox account, and it shows up in my gmail.

Anyway, hope you find some help in that random rambling/
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
      X