New motor - check this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New motor - check this out

I was looking at those 'cabin motorcycles' from switzerland and i found this link on the company's site. It's a new motor technology they've developed. If this is old news, sorry.

http://kugelmotor.peraves.ch/Bilder/Kugelmotor_engl.wmv

vibration free power! Might work. Wonder how it's cooled?
    1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Interesting. Seems to me the problem is sealing between the ceramic rotating parts and the case, as well as sealing between the compartments. Would make a heck of a touring bike motor, though.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Is this a running motor? Is this just a theory and a conceptual drawing?

I remember a motor from down in Australia that I think was called the "Splitphase" motor. Suposed to be a new design that went on and on... Very low compression no real pistons. I don't think the thing got passed any real prototype. I think the guy just fleeced the investors and was being sued by everyone.

Anyone down under remember what happened to that endeavor?
        RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
          Interesting. Seems to me the problem is sealing between the ceramic rotating parts and the case, as well as sealing between the compartments. Would make a heck of a touring bike motor, though.
          Very interesting. I hadn't seen this one before. If you do a net search, it seems these have been around a while and there's several different types besides this one. Of course, there seems to be a patent involved, so the major manufacturers won't go near this if they have to spend .02 for something better.

'78E original owner
          Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
          '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
          '82 XJ rebuild project
          '80SG restified, red SOLD
          '79F parts...
          '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
          '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
          '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
          '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
          Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
          Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Splitphase

Is new one to me. 20 or more years ago a bloke named Ralph Sarich from Wait Awhile (Western Australia) invented an orbital engine. Tests showed it worked well, made good power and used very little fuel. Big business payed him a lot of money and then buried the technology so they could keep on selling us fuel guzzlers

Comment

but it still uses fossil fuel.
              there a re many differing types of fossil fueled engines.
              engineers have been trying differing designs since Nikolaus Otto in 1876 first demonstrated what we know today as the internal combustion motor l
              What we need is not more sffeent motors, but motors that will run on fuels that are not carbon based, are light, relyable, easy to produce , produce as much or more HP per LB than the internal combustion motor, and can be serviced by a person that does not need a degree in enginering science.
              The Austrailian rotary piston motor that latexeses mentiond did work and well, but was fossil fuel fed and drank it to boot. Pluss the builder did squander investors money.
              So is electric the way of the future?
              Or when the oil runs out do the big companies finally release the alternative fuels they own rights to and have mothballed to keep their profits from fossil fuels.
              Not everything "NEW" is really new when money is involved.
              http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/DSC00009.jpg
              1980 XS1100 Std English Assembled, 378k miles
              In stock untouched contion.
              http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/seatside.jpg
              1979 XS1100F Std NZ new,
              Mikes XS coils
              Jardine 4-1
              Pod filters
              Harley Davidson Rear Fender
              Bullet signal lights
              Twin 75mm headlights
              Self made single seat

Comment

Originally posted by subike View Post
                but it still uses fossil fuel.
                there a re many differing types of fossil fueled engines.
                engineers have been trying differing designs since Nikolaus Otto in 1876 first demonstrated what we know today as the internal combustion motor l
                What we need is not more sffeent motors, but motors that will run on fuels that are not carbon based, are light, relyable, easy to produce , produce as much or more HP per LB than the internal combustion motor, and can be serviced by a person that does not need a degree in enginering science.
                The Austrailian rotary piston motor that latexeses mentiond did work and well, but was fossil fuel fed and drank it to boot. Pluss the builder did squander investors money.
                So is electric the way of the future?
                Or when the oil runs out do the big companies finally release the alternative fuels they own rights to and have mothballed to keep their profits from fossil fuels.
                Not everything "NEW" is really new when money is involved.
                So, how long before this goes to the HT forum...?
                '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Hey..I've got this perpetual motion device I've been working on...and if that doesn't pan out, I think I'll go into the bridge selling business.

OMG....did I write that out loud?

Comment

looks like it was made by Jarvik ;-)
                    Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                    Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                    and SOXS
                    2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

superball motor

Being a musician/artist by trade and inclination, I'm so right brained that it's a little sad sometimes. When I see an idea like this it really makes me wish my brain would linear out some; very impressive to me.

Is there some reason a mechanism like this couldn't be adapted to natural gas, biodiesel etc. Not a perfect carbon footprint, but way better than what we're doing certainly. Guess I'm kinda like a crow, every shiny thing knocks me out!
                      A fine running motor is a tune you just can't get out of your head.
                      first yamaha --1980 XS1100G

Comment

Two ways

I think the science community has split and gone two ways, one being the super efficient carbon fuel motor, the other being an alternative fuel motor. It seem logical that the super efficient group feels the fossil fuel will last until the technology becomes improved enough to build an efficient, reliable, and practical alternative fuel motor. Of course, all these things depend on a lot of other factors, but this seem to be where they are headed.
                        Ole Jack
                        J.D."Jack" Smith
                        1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                        1978E straight job
                        "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Working...
                        X