Road Tunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Tunes

Ok, so some of us listen to tunes while riding. Ipod ($300 and holds 5000 songs @64 kbps rate) with Hearos ear buds ($140). This may have been asked before, but what tunes do you listen to on the road.

Goin down that long lonesome highway, gonna live life my way..

Need an MP3 of that song.

Dan

Anything off ZZ Tops first 6 or 7 albums...after that they stink. Same for REO Speedwagon. Those are my all time favorite driving tunes.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Re: Road Tunes

Originally posted by olhogrider

Goin down that long lonesome highway, gonna live life my way..

Need an MP3 of that song.

Dan
      http://www.luma-electronic.cz/lp/h/H...on_wonders.htm
      I think thats the song your talking about. Sorry don't have it.
      79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
      07 V-star 1100
      Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

Re: Re: Road Tunes

Originally posted by Bud Manley

http://www.luma-electronic.cz/lp/h/H...on_wonders.htm
        I think thats the song your talking about. Sorry don't have it.

Hendirx wrote that??!! Amazing. I have only heard one person sing that one, that was Micheal Parks in Then Came Bronson. Actually have(had?) the 45 around here somewhere, but can't help with the mp3 as I don't have anything to play it on, much less import it into the 'puter.
        Brian
        1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
        1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
        remembering the same thing!

Comment

I found a source for the original vynl Then Came Bronson. Used to use Data Becker program to put vynl onto 'puter but now it just locks up. And yes James Hendricks, not Jimi Hendrix, wrote it. Still looking for MP3. Also curious if I missed any good tunes to ride to.

Comment

Wow, Gary,

I didn't know you were such a ZZ Top fan!? I spent my last 1 1/2 years of high school and a 2 1/2 yrs of college in Texas in '75-79, found ZZTop also!!! Their key chain is great, I got one at a concert many years ago, still have it and use it! A few of my favorites are "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide"...sorta fitting the XS11 group, eh? Also "Rough Boy" .......
            And of course "Cheap Sunglasses"!!!

I love Pink Floyd, but kinda hard to hear the nuances of their stuff in the helmet with the wind blowing....but Comfortably Numb is a favorite next to Shine on You Crazy Diamond.

A great deal of my stuff is still on Vinyl and I have been transferring it to CD and MP3 over the last several years. I love the long instrumentals, but I don't limit myself. I'll play upbeat stuff to help keep me awake, but sometimes on a long stretch, I'll switch to something easier, like SADE or other mild easy jazz. Thankfully with MP3's I can put several hours worth of stuff on my player, so I don't have to switch it even after several gas stops.... Special...100 mile limit!!!

Some of the other stuff I have is Doobie Bros; Eagle; Grand Funk Railroad; Yes, Hendrix; Beatles; CSNY; Santana; Fleetwood Mac; Essentially the classic rock era.... Ride and Rock on!!
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

A great deal of my stuff is still on Vinyl and I have been transferring it to CD and MP3 over the last several years.
              T.C., what software are you using to import from vinyl to mp3? I just inherited a turntable today. Now I have ANOTHER winter project!! Probably have at least a 100 albums, and at least that many cassettes... heck, I think I even have some 8-tracks here!! And I even have an 8-track player still. (yeah, I never throw ANYTHING away)
              Brian

Comment

Vinyl to Cd to MP3

Hey there Brian,

I've got a standard SB16 Wavetable Sound Card. It came with it's own little suite of programs, the WaveStudio program is the one I like...have learned to use effectively. I'm on a budget and so I can't afford those fancy multi hundred dollar programs that are supposed to filter out all of those snaps and pops without mudding up the sound!! I am able to use the WaveStudio to edit the major pops and clicks out, trim the beginning and ends of songs and save them to WAVE files. Then I use Lame to convert them to MP3. I like having the Waves first, record them to AUDIO CD's for playing in the car/home, but then can use them to convert to MP3 for the bike!!

You will want to run the Phono through your receiver/amp first, then run the tape out lines from the receiver to your computer, that way you will get the RIAA equalization of the phono signal first, otherwise you won't have any bass and it will sound flat!! The PHONO input of the receiver processes the signal thru an internal RIAA equalizer. If you connect the phono directly to the computer it will sound terribly tinny! I got a radio shack 2 male rca jack to 1 male stereo headphone standard mini jack that plugs right in to the "audio-in/line-in" of the sound card, just have to remember to select Line In in your recording properties of your sound card to allow it to record from that source!!!!

The entire Wav Editting program and support files, after zipping is less than 1 MB IIRC, I could email it to you to try if you like!? It should work with any soundcard! Drop me an email if you have any other questions. HTH

T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks T.C. Got the editor and will play with it as time permits.

I love my mp3 player... I have a Cd player that will also play mp3's, put a disk in and have approx. 10 hours of music. Yeehaw!!
                  Brian

Comment

Thanks for the responses. What I am really looking for are motorcycle specific songs. I like to listen to Aerosmith to ZZ Top and even Riders in the Sky when I ride, but I was looking for motorcycle (or car in a pinch) songs.

Dan

Comment

Stuck in a rut????????

I'm not sure why but ever since I had my BSA chopper when I lived in Salinas in '78 I ALWAYS sing "BORN TO BE WILD" when I feel like a song is needed.
                      Garry
                      '79 SF "Battle Cat"
                      outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

Chris LeDoux

Olhog..(Dan)

I have one for ya... Chris LeDoux (pronounced LE DOO) has a song called " This Cowboy's Hat". It is hard core COWBOY COUNTRY. But a very good song. it can be found on his "20 Greatest hits" CD. Maybe even online. "Life is a HIGHWAY " is another good one too.
                        wpc57

'81LH Midnight Special "Margret"

I ain't as good as I once was..but I am as good once as I ever was.... (Toby Keith)

Comment

Working...
                        X