Clear All

I got one, too.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

And I also

I just noted that someone with a zero post count was trying to tell me about a virus. Seemed pretty fishy and got deleted without opening the link.

Comment

I have one right now from this moron.I will go delete it.Mine mentions cooltom.And says I have a virus.I did not open link as I noticed he has 1
        post.
        80 SG XS1100
        14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Got one too. Same message... did not open link. Forwarded to TC & made him aware.

They're getting worse!
          '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
          "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

me too! Good think I didn't click the link.
            68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
            76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
            79 special (skull bike)
            79 special (parts bike w/title)
            79 special
            80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
            81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
            81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
            80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
            81 650 maxim
            81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
            88 Zx 600r (Sold)
            01 Gz 250

Comment

Yup, I got it too
              79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
              80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
              80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
              79 DT 100

Comment

Spammer DELETED!

Hey Folks,

Yep, he was a UKRAINIAN bastard, and has been removed from the list, his IP address RANGE banned/blocked. As for trying to report him to his ISP, that "might" only work if he was in the USA, but most/all of these a$$holes are from such lovely countries as the Ukraine, Korea, China, etc., won't do any good!

BNE, I don't want to get you pissed off, but I'm about to get so.

I've explained that NONE OF US have the time to MONITOR EVERY NEW member that joins the site, REVIEW each ones credentials, and then change their status to authorized to be able to post messages. Some folks get on here just to sell parts, bikes, etc.! Others are looking for sometimes QUICK answers to urgent situations, etc.! Requiring them to first post in TEST forums or such, then WAIT for a MOD....no....has to be an ADMIN or SUPERMOD that would then review, approve, then edit their status BEFORE they would be able to post messages.....AIN'T going to happen.

The site is set up how the OWNER wanted it setup. SO...the occasional spammer...has to be a real person...the spambots can't get thru anymore.... may post 1 or 2 before being spotted by a MOD, posts deleted, spammer banned, and then I come along and clean up....adding their IP address or IP range into the ever increasing list of BLOCKED IP's that we have in the ADMIN security section of the site, and completely deleting their username/membership.

SO...please, don't ask about this again.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I don't mean this to sound like a plug but I downloaded microsoft security essentials from the microsoft update website and I got to say I like it. I can open up a link and the software stops it dead in it's tracks if it's harmful. It continually updates definitions and the neat thing about it is that it is continually monitoring and gathering information from computers all over the internet to keep on top of what is happening in real time. It's free and the definition updates are free.

Personally I think these big names in the anti-virus business intentionaly put out an anynomous virus and then warn you to keep paying and updating. It's called "job security."
                  My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

As an IT professional, I always tell end-users to NEVER pay for spyware/spam protection. There are tons of free ones out there that work just as well, if not better. If someone prings me a personal PC, one of the first things I do is remove the Norton or whatever other junk that came with the PC. All it does is wreak havoc with the PC's memory, and confuse the user. Free is always better!
                    Last edited by CatatonicBug; 01-27-2010, 10:53 PM.
                    1980 XS850SG - Sold
                    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                    -H. Ford

Comment

I'm on the list and mad as hell.

This guy is listed a guest on my pm, not a new member. Somebody with a load of more computer skills than I have, go after this turd with a vengence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I knew a way to dump about a million messaages in his mail box and do that about every other day. I guess that would be called denial of survices and I'd get bit by the cops. DANG, I HATE these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a life NRA member and if I knew where this guy lived, I would go there and Um well ah spit on him. Sure!
                      Ole P*ssed off Jack
                      Edit. Hay, I just thought of something, If each member sent him a message, say we could get maybe at least three thousand of us to do this, it couldn't be denial of service, we only sent one message apiece!!
                      Last edited by xs11jack; 01-27-2010, 11:03 PM.
                      J.D."Jack" Smith
                      1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                      1978E straight job
                      "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Me too. I have the best Spyware, malware and virus programs I could get. I thought it was bogus.
                        "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

You D'Man!!

Thanks TC!!

BTW, this year I didn't contact you and ask that you be the middleman for making my donation to the site here.

I manned-up and used the <Donate> button on the home page.

Though I still have an irrational fear of PayPal...Go figure??

Good Job, Sheriff. It's a tough job keepin' these parts decent enough fer the womens and childrens to walk about.

Comment

Toughen up Nancy!

Jeeze, get a grip people.
                            What, did it take like 14 seconds to realize what it was and delete it?
                            You spent more time banging on about it.
                            XS1100SF
                            XS1100F

Comment

I must have put the blood over my door or something.

TC, irrational fears grip everyone at some point, and they repsond with irrational request/demands. I refer to my repsonse to an earlier situation/post, with all this site has to offer and has provided to the many members in the time I have been here myself included, if a member that has experienced it thinks so little of it as to leave over a spam message like the ten a day you get in ANY online email account like yahoo or hotmail, then I would simply say Bye. Interesting that the request was for all of us to essentially SPAM the folks who provide and care for this awesome resource for us.

I for one feel that it is an amzing job the moderators/admins do with this site. It is huge and takes alot I am sure to keep up with and as far as I know, none of these folks get a plugged nickle for their efforts. So let me add to those that give you a public heart felt ATTABOY/GIRL!! At least you do go out and round up these idiots and block them.
                              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                              93 GSX600F
                              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                              81 XS1100 Special
                              81 CB750 C
                              80 CB750 C
                              78 XS750

Comment

Gone in thirty seconds

I got it too. Took less than 30 seconds to delete it, even before I saw this thread.
                                Mike Giroir
                                79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Working...
                                X